For all the doubters

2010: Out of 22, only Rome, Enunwa, Bell, Evans & SJB are regular contributors w/ 5 busts/transfers

2011: Out of 20, only Turner, Santos (barely), Stafford, Abdulla are contributors w/ 5-6 busts/transfers. This was our best class yet, but the bulk of what made that class (Moore, Green, Klachko) is no longer here.

What about Allen? Allen would have been much more of a success and was a contributor until his injury.

Charles Jackson, Reeves, Williams, Peat Jr, Bondi, Pirman, Price and Sutton can't be counted out just yet. Two of them are injured, and the rest just haven't gotten enough experience to start. I do believe almost all of these guys will be key contributors next year. Bondi will get the K/P starting position. Pirman will most likely get a LB position alongside Anderson, Brown and Santos.

I think its a little premature to say any of these kids are busts, especially when they are RS Freshman or true sophomores.

i didn't say any of them were busts, they weren't counted in my numbers (hense the reason busts + contributers != commits) But I think it's safe to say Bondi has not been a contributor, or price, or sutton, or Allen, or Reeves, etc. That was the point.

Bondi isn't needed at this point, and was red shirted last year. Price, Sutton and Reeves were also red shirted last year. You don't come in your first year of eligibility and "contribute". When these kids hit their Junior or Senior year, then you can say they never contributed. Allen has contributed. He was a contributor to blocking for our rushing game this year, contributed to a TD that helped win a game and had a season ending injury that same play. Again, not a even a Junior.

Rivals total point system is a little flawed. However in the end everyone usually ends up with 25ish and it evens out. I am more concerned about each individual recruit. That recruits film and offers far outweighs everything else. If Bama, tOSU etc want a current commit we have we can assume they feel he would contribute for them. This in turn should lead us to believe we potentially have a future contributor if all falls into place.

Yep i agree with this as well.

This hate on hedley is excessive. I must have missed some really horrible comments by him or something because all he did in this thread was make a very valid point. These coaches get paid big bucks and get major praise when they succeed. Hard work and criticism come with the job. Do we appreciate the coaching staff? This team has 10 wins. Of course we appreciate their work. Had we won the CCG we'd be singing their praises all excited about the focus now being on the rose bowl and recruiting.

Yes, you missed a lot. IMO, he's coming around. He started off sh**ty though. It wasnt what he said, it's how he said it and when.

Kinda hard to judge that on the internet. People are always misinterpreting me. Anyway not trying to be jerk just saying the posts I've read are very opinionated but seem well thought out. Didn't see any "Bo sucks Taylor sucks f you all I rule" posts... :)

Hedly's issue is that he joined during one of the lowest period's of Husker football (post Wisconsin smack down) in the last 4-5 years. He joined in a period where the board was swarmed with derp. Most of his early posts were immediately after the embarrassment that was the B1G championship. He had a low post count, and everyone railed on him any time something negative was said (which was frequent) - then they went overboard because he had the balls to argue back (not always eloquently - but with some of the responses even that was understandable). Frankly I'm surprised he's still posting...a number of people really had it out for him - and obviously still do. I would have packed up my opinions and found a new board.

You guys can't get rid of me that easy! :-P #GBR

This hate on hedley is excessive. I must have missed some really horrible comments by him or something because all he did in this thread was make a very valid point. These coaches get paid big bucks and get major praise when they succeed. Hard work and criticism come with the job. Do we appreciate the coaching staff? This team has 10 wins. Of course we appreciate their work. Had we won the CCG we'd be singing their praises all excited about the focus now being on the rose bowl and recruiting.

Yes, you missed a lot. IMO, he's coming around. He started off sh**ty though. It wasnt what he said, it's how he said it and when.

Kinda hard to judge that on the internet. People are always misinterpreting me. Anyway not trying to be jerk just saying the posts I've read are very opinionated but seem well thought out. Didn't see any "Bo sucks Taylor sucks f you all I rule" posts... :)

Well, that's the thing. Most to all of his early posts were basically that. Most of his statements were negative with no discussion at all. But like I said, he's coming around. Glad he's learnin and stickin with it. I went through the same thing when I first joined. I'm a very argumentative person. A lot of times you can find me continuing to argue my point even after I've conceded I am wrong. I just like to argue.

Hedley's here to stay. And if anything, his polarizing presence is worth laugh.

Sorry for the derailment. Back to topic.

Really guys?

They put in tons of hours etc and are more than compensated for it. I would hope they bust their buns recruiting etc. That is part of the job and part of the fat paycheck

Many, many people in this world make well over $250k and work less than 40 hours a week. Btw im pretty sure most of our asst coaches make less than $200k.

Also, Hedley, as soon as you plundered this board i could tell you were a lonely child and dont care much about family. That doesnt mean most real human beings dont. [You should change your name to Number 5.

I would prefer you keep it on topic instead of getting personal. Who are all of these people that make 200k and work less than 40 hrs a week? How did they get to that point? I bet it was a bit different than coaching college football

I am fairly certain I saw an infomercial on how to make $250,000 per year while working less than 40 hours per week from home. I believe it was the food channel at 3 am :)

+1