For all the doubters

Average star ranking is fine and all but that will only matter if it stays that way with 25-27 commits. We just have to wait and see what happens. Can't judge a class yet.

That's my point. The players we have so far are very good it's just that other teams have more commits. Gotta wait to pass judgment till the process is over.

All of these schools that are practically done recruiting are ranked what in the polls etc though? I mean if the top 10-15 schools have almost all scholarships accounted for we must be doing something wrong.

Average star ranking is fine and all but that will only matter if it stays that way with 25-27 commits. We just have to wait and see what happens. Can't judge a class yet.

That's my point. The players we have so far are very good it's just that other teams have more commits. Gotta wait to pass judgment till the process is over.

All of these schools that are practically done recruiting are ranked what in the polls etc though? I mean if the top 10-15 schools have almost all scholarships accounted for we must be doing something wrong.

NU will never fill up as fast as the Texas's, the USC's, and the Georgia's of the world. I don't mind it either. We would have missed out on a player like Ameer if we did.

I'm looking at this.

http://rivals.yahoo....R.EWWnn4XtGPZB4

#43 national rank.

and

http://rivals.yahoo..../2013/BIG10/all

#9 B1G

ESPN has us #33

And the 247 site is jacked up. No Nebraska listed, though several other teams are listed multiple times, and they have Cal and Clemson in the B1G

I hope you realize, as some have pointed out below you, Rivals is based off of a total point system... with each recruit being worth a certain point value...

If you expect Nebraska to be ranked higher than other schools who have 26 or 27 kids committed, I think you failed Math at some level...

If you want to be objective, take a look at respective class sizes. For the size of our class, only one other school on that list is rated as high as we are with 14 commits. That would be Auburn who gets automatic commits from stars in the south. We won't out recruit them any year no matter how well we do.

Biased information, in my opinion. Plenty of people on this board who go out of their way to make Bo look bad.

If you want to be objective, take a look at respective class sizes. For the size of our class, only one other school on that list is rated as high as we are with 14 commits. That would be Auburn who gets automatic commits from stars in the south. We won't out recruit them any year no matter how well we do.

Biased information, in my opinion. Plenty of people on this board who go out of their way to make Bo look bad.

I feel a better way to look at it is avg star ranking. Takes class size out and is a better way of determining quality of class.

I feel a better way to look at it is avg star ranking. Takes class size out and is a better way of determining quality of class.

Regardless of avg star you are always going to get several players that don't make it at the college level. I would be amazed and ecstatic if we keep our avg star rating with 25-27 commits. If that is the case we will have an amazing class.

NU will never fill up as fast as the Texas's, the USC's, and the Georgia's of the world. I don't mind it either. We would have missed out on a player like Ameer if we did.

If we were competing for National Championships we would.

Anyone else notice about this time, every year - when it finally looks like the class is going to be yet another borderline disappointment, lacking in the difference makers we hope for at the start of the year....we get a thread like this?

The coaches work their asses off every year. No one expects anything less of them. Whatever their deficiencies in recruiting are - lack of effort certainly isn't one.

Here's a few other threads to expect over the next few weeks if they aren't already there:

1) Some form of "Recruiting to Nebraska is tougher than anywhere else"

2) Stars mean nothing (8-10 variations of this)

3) We suck at recruiting (lots of these for obvious reasons)

4) This class is going to be one of our best, just wait and see. Anyone that is negative about it knows nothing about recruiting.

• Fire 1

If we were competing for National Championships we would.

If you look at the schools that fill up fast, they are located in recruiting hot beds. I wish people would understand the disadvantages we face. We will lose out on a few kids this year based on our distance from their home. If we were even as good of a HS football state as Missouri we would be in great shape.