N. Illinois at Soldier Feild

kc_husker

Hell, I hope the schedule stays the way it does. Might just spend about 7-8 days in Chicago!!!!

Yep. Ryan Field to Soldier Field: 24.6 miles / 36 minutes.

36 minutes!!?? Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. By helicopter maybe.

If google says its true, it's gotta be...

Only 16 miles if you go straight up Lake Shore Drive.

I'll definitely make the trip up, and want to stay consecutive weeks if the schedule holds up, i wonder if there is enough to do for an entire week up there, and how much $ it will cost me

Plenty to do in a week esp if you like night life.However, Chitown is not cheap!! But worth the money i think.

Hell, I hope the schedule stays the way it does. Might just spend about 7-8 days in Chicago!!!!

Yep. Ryan Field to Soldier Field: 24.6 miles / 36 minutes.

36 minutes!!?? Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. By helicopter maybe.

If google says its true, it's gotta be...

heh. It used to be (maybe still is) that if you tried getting directions to somewhere across the ocean it told you to swim.

I live in Chicago, so this is fantactic for me. So glad we joined the BIG....about 4 road games are w/in 3 hours of my house every year. This will be a great week.

If you want to do this trip and not spend a fortune....stay in a hotel outside the city and take the Metra (nice train) or El (not so nice train) into the city. It's cheap and the Metra is really nice...you can have a beer on the way in and enjoy a nice, quite ride. Use Priceline and bid on a hotel near one of the lines. I'm sure, with a little effort, you can get a room at a 3 star property for less than $60. And don't buy tickets in advance....buy them on the street half hour before kickoff. You will probably be able to get in for $20. This game will not be a sellout.

Here's an idea....get a room at the Best Western - Kenosha (WI) harbor, on lake Michigan. It's about 1:15 north of Soilder Field. In mid to late September Chinook (King) and Coho Salmon, along with some nice Steelhead...and monster Brown Trout, swim into the harbor by the tens of thousands. The hotel is right on the water, and there are so many fish in there they are litteraly stacked in there like chordwood. Even if you don't fish it's quite the site: watching them jump and boil all over the place. The riprap bank is a busy place because all the locals know the fish are "in." I think you could get that hotel for about 80 bucks. Fish for a couple of hours and then go to the Husker game.....COULD LIFE GET ANY BETTER!

Note: bring heavy line (the fish are from about 8 - 30 pounds...and they don't like to get caught), 3/4oz spoons....KO Wobblers work well. And they like big crank baits. Just stop at the local bait shop and they'll hook you up. Night fishing can be even better....get a flasher and a glo-spoon (KO Wobbler). When they hit it's like the force of Ahman Green going the other way.