Todd Peat No Longer with Team

QMany

And our paper thin Dline depth just got worse

I dont know how it can be worse when we lose a guy who never played a down on the field and was riddled with injuries. I hope Todd the best in the future, but he was a guy who was taking up a scholarship on the roster.

• Fire 1

I don't mean to be negative, but is it safe to say that we got absolutely no recruiting boost from all the Suh hype? If anything it looks like we took a dip at DT. I think we were all expecting his Heisman caliber year to lead into some big time recruits. As it turns out, it doesn't look like any DT recruits from the following years made any kind of on field contribution. Let me know if I am missing someone though.

I don't mean to be negative, but is it safe to say that we got absolutely no recruiting boost from all the Suh hype? If anything it looks like we took a dip at DT. I think we were all expecting his Heisman caliber year to lead into some big time recruits. As it turns out, it doesn't look like any DT recruits from the following years made any kind of on field contribution. Let me know if I am missing someone though.

Always wondered about this. I figured Pelini would have to be batting them all away with a stick after that season...

here come the "we didnt need him anyway" people

Did/do we really? Us possibly moving to a 3-4 defense could be a bigger reason he left. This rumor of the 3-4 comes even closer to being true, because that is why JUCO Gregory Davis committed with us. We have enough DTs/DEs for a 3-4. Almost too much actually. Valentine, Randle, Rome, Ankrah, Curry, McMullen, Moss and Williams. Did we really need Peat? Someone who didn't even give anyone any hope during practice that he would be good? All we have is his high school tapes, because he has been a sitting duck since then. Its not his fault, and I wish him the best and hope he has at least one year of his collegiate career to play. He was just a sitting duck on a scholarship that someone else could have. I said a couple months back that Peat Jr was possibly leaving the team.