"Opening quote tags doesnt match number of closing quote tags"

Landlord

It sucks. you can't have a good convo and starts being a pain in the ass. First board ever i've been to that has had this.

Almost every board I'm a member of has this. I belong to one board that will only let you quote one other post at a time. It's better, because you don't have these ridiculous quote pyramids of ten or twenty useless quotes in every post.

It sucks. you can't have a good convo and starts being a pain in the ass. First board ever i've been to that has had this.

Almost every board I'm a member of has this. I belong to one board that will only let you quote one other post at a time. It's better, because you don't have these ridiculous quote pyramids of ten or twenty useless quotes in every post.

ok but on the other hand if i'm having to delete stuff just to post then i have to go back and re-read what they wrote. more often than not i'll just delete everything cause i get tired of seeing it if i'm not paying real close attention and then i have a post that was suppose to reflect a previous post but now stands on it's own and out of place. If you are doing a lot of posts you can't always remember each and every post you responded to.

ok but on the other hand if i'm having to delete stuff just to post then i have to go back and re-read what they wrote. more often than not i'll just delete everything cause i get tired of seeing it if i'm not paying real close attention and then i have a post that was suppose to reflect a previous post but now stands on it's own and out of place. If you are doing a lot of posts you can't always remember each and every post you responded to.

You have five levels of quotes. FIVE. If that's not enough for you, then you're not good at making a point and you should stop using the internet.

• Fire 1
Mods...please help me out here.
I think you can only have like 5 quote tags in a post
It sucks.
Almost every board I'm a member of has this.
It is an extremely poorly-phrased error message, though, no doubt. On the one hand it does prevent you from quoting more than several one-line snippets in a response.

Testing: You can post five, but not six. I thought it was only embedded quotes. But you get the error message on separate quotes too. Oh well, it's a reasonable limit

You have five levels of quotes. FIVE. If that's not enough for you, then you're not good at making a point and you should stop using the internet.

you get butthurt easily don't you? Just making a point and obviously not enough deterrent to make me stop posting here.

I actually wasn't able to make as concise of a point as I wanted due to the limit. I think a perfect world would be where you could only have five nested quotes, but there wouldn't necessarily be a limit (or a higher one) of individual quotes per post. It's frustrating when someone is just all kinds of wrong, and you want to refute each individual error one at a time.

you get butthurt easily don't you? Just making a point and obviously not enough deterrent to make me stop posting here.

If you want to talk personally about me, take it to the Shed. Otherwise let it go.

I actually wasn't able to make as concise of a point as I wanted due to the limit. I think a perfect world would be where you could only have five nested quotes, but there wouldn't necessarily be a limit (or a higher one) of individual quotes per post. It's frustrating when someone is just all kinds of wrong, and you want to refute each individual error one at a time.

That's why I've been using the horizontal rule lately. I know what you mean about breaking their post down into bits to respond to individual pieces of wrong, because I've wanted to do that myself and couldn't because of the limit. The horizontal rule helps, but it's not the most elegant solution. If you want to use it, just type an open bracket, "hr," and the close bracket. Like this, without the spaces: [ hr ]

I think a perfect world would be where you could only have five nested quotes, but there wouldn't necessarily be a limit (or a higher one) of individual quotes per post.

That is a perfect world, and a pretty ingenious idea, Landlord!

I'm tinkering around with a [blockquote] tag now that will let you add equivalent-looking quote tags in posts manually. You can nest the blockquotes manually too, but don't overdo it. I don't think anybody purposely has mega-nested quotes anyway; they just hit the 'quote' button and after a few of those it builds up naturally.

I'll cover this more in another thread.