Hey i know how Jesus was able to walk on water

Outside of the bible and a couple of writers jesus is practically unknown.

The Bible is a collection of multiple works from multiple authors. Different people, writing different accounts of the same thing/theme. You're compartmentalizing it by modern standards (i.e., the book you hold in your hand as one single work). This doesn't seem like it should deserve being pointed out.

Even so you would think he would gain more notoriety. It's not like people wrote extensive about him either. I mean the bible skips like 15 years of his life. What did he do for those 15 years?

Here's the reality of the times, as far as I understand it. Constantine may have had a dream or vision that led to his adoption of Christianity, but all reliable records indicate it was very much a political move before it was anything else, because not just in Jerusalem and in Israel, but all across the empire, people were converting and spreading the news of Christ the savior of the world. The message and the movement was growing unfathomably fast and large all while remaining illegal and punishable by death.

His notoriety shook up the entire known world in a period of time where nothing was happening, and it "culminated", in some regards, with Constantine, but started well before then.

The lack of documentation of so many years of his life serves as evidence of the reliability of the gospels, if you ask me. If they were a fabrication, if they were a calculated political and revolutionary ploy, they would have taken much more care to address what would obviously have been some serious pitfalls. It's no secret that the story of Jesus Christ takes some reaching to believe at face value. Carpenter from hick-town, born to a whore teenager and an ashamed father, no record of his childhood, is actually God incarnate come to save the world as a begging, homeless servant, and rose from the dead? Surreeeee.

What you say if half truth. the Emporers after Constantine started eliminating paganism and making it illegal and then making Christianity the state religion. Now i am not talking about when he was a boy but more of considered an adult at 15 then miraculously he is about 30 when he starts preaching. If a boy could do magic then you don't starts writing when he was a baby and then stop and then start back up when he is nearly 30.

Outside of the bible and a couple of writers jesus is practically unknown.

The Bible is a collection of multiple works from multiple authors. Different people, writing different accounts of the same thing/theme. You're compartmentalizing it by modern standards (i.e., the book you hold in your hand as one single work). This doesn't seem like it should deserve being pointed out.

Even so you would think he would gain more notoriety. It's not like people wrote extensive about him either. I mean the bible skips like 15 years of his life. What did he do for those 15 years?

Here's the reality of the times, as far as I understand it. Constantine may have had a dream or vision that led to his adoption of Christianity, but all reliable records indicate it was very much a political move before it was anything else, because not just in Jerusalem and in Israel, but all across the empire, people were converting and spreading the news of Christ the savior of the world. The message and the movement was growing unfathomably fast and large all while remaining illegal and punishable by death.

His notoriety shook up the entire known world in a period of time where nothing was happening, and it "culminated", in some regards, with Constantine, but started well before then.

The lack of documentation of so many years of his life serves as evidence of the reliability of the gospels, if you ask me. If they were a fabrication, if they were a calculated political and revolutionary ploy, they would have taken much more care to address what would obviously have been some serious pitfalls. It's no secret that the story of Jesus Christ takes some reaching to believe at face value. Carpenter from hick-town, born to a whore teenager and an ashamed father, no record of his childhood, is actually God incarnate come to save the world as a begging, homeless servant, and rose from the dead? Surreeeee.

What you say if half truth. the Emporers after Constantine started eliminating paganism and making it illegal and then making Christianity the state religion. Now i am not talking about when he was a boy but more of considered an adult at 15 then miraculously he is about 30 when he starts preaching. If a boy could do magic then you don't starts writing when he was a baby and then stop and then start back up when he is nearly 30.

He couldn't do "magic" when he was a boy. He needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit to begin the miraculous works of His ministry. That's why the baptizing in the Jordan River is the de facto beginning of the gospel messages. The only "magic" He did as a boy was astound the elders in the temple with His questions and understanding of Scripture.

He couldn't do "magic" when he was a boy. He needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit to begin the miraculous works of His ministry. That's why the baptizing in the Jordan River is the de facto beginning of the gospel messages. The only "magic" He did as a boy was astound the elders in the temple with His questions and understanding of Scripture.

ok i was thinking of a non-canonical gospel.

them's there devil writin's !

better tell the early christians this since they would have had access to those stories. But i do believe the story is in the Catholic Bible.

better tell the early christians this since they would have had access to those stories. But i do believe the story is in the Catholic Bible.

The early Christians also denounced them as not being the inspired word of God. The Councils that people think met to "decide" which books made the cut and which didn't weren't actually decision-makers in that regard - they were merely formalizing what was already accepted as true and well and good by the churches across the Empire.

The early Christians also denounced them as not being the inspired word of God. The Councils that people think met to "decide" which books made the cut and which didn't weren't actually decision-makers in that regard - they were merely formalizing what was already accepted as true and well and good by the churches across the Empire.

no they didn't because all they had were books loosely compiled. You act like the New Testament was being put together and what books constituted it as it was being written. That was far from the case.

no they didn't because all they had were books loosely compiled. You act like the New Testament was being put together and what books constituted it as it was being written. That was far from the case.

I never said that. All I'm stating is that the church bodies, well before the Council of Nicea or the official canon of the New Testament, accepted and rejected different writings. By and large, with rare exceptions, the writings and letters that were rejected and dismissed by the church (not by just by leaders but by members, all over the Mediterranean) were the same writings that are non-canonical and apocryphal.

Jesus wasn't even Christian.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

So Jesus didn't believe in Himself? HAHA! You crack me up. Tell another one.

He wasn't Christian sir

Because technically Christianity wasn't born until He died on the cross.

Or was it when Peter founded the church?

Jesus wasn't even Christian.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

So Jesus didn't believe in Himself? HAHA! You crack me up. Tell another one.

He wasn't Christian sir

Because technically Christianity wasn't born until He died on the cross.

Or was it when Peter founded the church?

By the definition of what a Christian is according to Scripture, the first Christians were those present at Pentecost (baptizing and regeneration via the Holy Spirit as a seal or guarantee of salvation).

I never said that. All I'm stating is that the church bodies, well before the Council of Nicea or the official canon of the New Testament, accepted and rejected different writings. By and large, with rare exceptions, the writings and letters that were rejected and dismissed by the church (not by just by leaders but by members, all over the Mediterranean) were the same writings that are non-canonical and apocryphal.

Not exactly. The Catholic Bible has more books where as the Protestant bible has what most christians think of as the standard. They also take a different view on mary(mother).