Will Coaching ability be the key difference in bowl game?

Will coaching ability be the key difference in the game tomorrow? If so, how do you see it playing out. Please...only discussions of coach v coach across the board and none of the "xyz sucks" or "abc should be fired"...etc. I want to hear some thought out ideas on how the coaching will play out in the game tomorrow. Thanks.

I'm not sure coaching "ability" will affect the outcome as I believe both HC's are capable of directing a winning effort. However, could one, or some, of the coaches, coordinators, etc affect the outcome by making, or failing to make, an adjustment? Absolutely. I think players executing or not executing what they have been instructed to do will be a more likely culprit in determinig who wins and who loses. Personally I do not care if we get beat by a better team, I just want to see the Huskers play and coach up to their ability. In other words, keep it respectable and not embarrassing and I'll be happy.

I agree with JJH. IMO, it comes down to our OC and DC being able to adjust on the fly. UGA is too good to allow them 30 minutes of play before we adjust. We need to play to our strengths ie don't have Martinez try to go all air Brady. Use our running game and actually use, for once a lot of play action to try and slow their pursuit and screens to open up our running game.

I am sure that they will stuff the box and bring the rain on every down. needs designed QB runs. Not zone option, but designed runs to let Martinez get that first step and hit the second level as they are coming by. Nothing slows a D like watching Martinez run past as they are downhill coming in.

Need to mix coverage and send the house every play. Their OL is to big to expect our DL alone to get pressure. Need to make Murray feel heat early and often. He is too good to allow him to have time in the pocket. Our DB's are very good, but they can't cover for 10 seconds.

Paps and Beck, back to them, need to have a game plan that forces UGA out of theirs. It seems so many times that we come out and immediately let the other team dictate to us. This has got to change. I would also like to see Beck get "cute". Double screen, RB pass etc.... Keep UGA off balance. Go up tempo and do not allow UGA to sub in D or get their packages in. Might mean we don't have the "perfect" group in, but have a series of plays we can use to up tempo and tire them out.

Beck and Paps will need to call the game of their lives. 4 solid quarters for sure.

We need to also limit ie no TO's.

I would also like to see s steady diet of rotating backs. Again, keeps UGA off balance.

Another thing we need to really avoid the big play. It seems like one big run ie Miller, Wisky part 2 or a big pass ie Hail Mary last year completely destroys our guys. Getting behind by the other team dinking and dunking doesn't seem to bother our guys, but a nut punch really seems to take them out.

Lastly, coach to win. Do not coach to not lose. Go for it. Dare to be great. Go big or go home. To many times we start to press the gas and then back off. If we get them on the ropes, knock them out. Make it ugly. Do not allow them to get up.

We have a shot. No moral victories. With your shield or on it!

I agree with JJH. IMO, it comes down to our OC and DC being able to adjust on the fly. UGA is too good to allow them 30 minutes of play before we adjust. We need to play to our strengths ie don't have Martinez try to go all air Brady. Use our running game and actually use, for once a lot of play action to try and slow their pursuit and screens to open up our running game.

I am sure that they will stuff the box and bring the rain on every down. needs designed QB runs. Not zone option, but designed runs to let Martinez get that first step and hit the second level as they are coming by. Nothing slows a D like watching Martinez run past as they are downhill coming in.

Need to mix coverage and send the house every play. Their OL is to big to expect our DL alone to get pressure. Need to make Murray feel heat early and often. He is too good to allow him to have time in the pocket. Our DB's are very good, but they can't cover for 10 seconds.

Paps and Beck, back to them, need to have a game plan that forces UGA out of theirs. It seems so many times that we come out and immediately let the other team dictate to us. This has got to change. I would also like to see Beck get "cute". Double screen, RB pass etc.... Keep UGA off balance. Go up tempo and do not allow UGA to sub in D or get their packages in. Might mean we don't have the "perfect" group in, but have a series of plays we can use to up tempo and tire them out.

Beck and Paps will need to call the game of their lives. 4 solid quarters for sure.

We need to also limit ie no TO's.

I would also like to see s steady diet of rotating backs. Again, keeps UGA off balance.

Another thing we need to really avoid the big play. It seems like one big run ie Miller, Wisky part 2 or a big pass ie Hail Mary last year completely destroys our guys. Getting behind by the other team dinking and dunking doesn't seem to bother our guys, but a nut punch really seems to take them out.

Lastly, coach to win. Do not coach to not lose. Go for it. Dare to be great. Go big or go home. To many times we start to press the gas and then back off. If we get them on the ropes, knock them out. Make it ugly. Do not allow them to get up.

We have a shot. No moral victories. With your shield or on it!

I think that says it all really. Good points.

I agree with lo country, from the Georgia side. Richt has a tendency to ease up after getting a good lead and letting the other team get back in the game. See last years loss to Michigan State as an example.

Georgia needs to be innovative in mixing the running game with the pass and wearing out the Nebraska defense. Richt is also locked into his pro-style play action offense and if he doesn't mix in enough 5-WR sets and spread options then the defenses tend to find the gaps and shut down the run. Once any team becomes one dimensional then they will lose unless they are exceptional, and neither team in this game fits that description.

Georgia also has to use the TE more in the passing game. We have 3 good ones and that can really free up the WRs.

It sort of seems like you're asking us to do every offensive play all the time. If we do use a lot of playaction and screens (the former which is an important part of our offense; the latter, always rarely used), I hope that doesn't start constituting "air Brady".

In defense of the zone option, that play is designed to get Martinez or the RB into space, where Taylor has the room to make that first step and take off. He can do that on a designed draw if the defense is hanging back on an obvious pass down, but outside of that probably not. I can't really think of a better play than a well-executed ZR to let Taylor hit the second level.

Need to mix coverage and send the house every play.

If we're sending the house, I'm not sure how mixed our coverage will end up being.

I would also like to see Beck get "cute". Double screen, RB pass etc....

I think this is what makes the OC job one of the hardest in football in terms of earning satisfaction from the fanbase. Stick to the run and never go away from what works, but also get cute. And do a lot of screen passes and playaction passes :P I'm not exactly sure I am seeing a coherent offensive strategy outlined here, and I don't mean to pick on you. I agree in broad general terms, that keeping UGA off balance is good while playing our game, setting up momentum and trying for big plays off change-ups.

Yes, although I'd say "Beck and Bo" instead of "Beck and Paps" -- Paps has never called a game here except while Bo was in the hospital.

I think the amount of heart and will to win that the players and coaches have will be the deciding factor in the game. Not so much coaching. Although Bo and Co. could choose to put on a creative and effective display like we haven't seen from the Skers this year, and then the coaching may be the deciding factor.

The coaching ability that will be key is in preparation prior to the game as opposed to in-game. Both teams have all the excuses in the world to just tank this game and phone-in the season. The coach(es) that somehow gets his/their team up to play will be the successful one. Unfortunately, and this is speaking honestly from the heart, if Georgia comes ready to play and plays well, regardless of how well we play, we just simply wont have a chance. It's just a tough matchup for us at this point yet.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any amount of coaching that will save the Huskers against Georgia. The Huskers are a good team, but simply don't have the athletes to game plan against a superior team. The Huskers would have to play a near perfect game, which would mean no turnovers and we all know that will not happen, and Georgia would have to not show up to play. Even that might not be enough. If you remember last year, South Carolina did not show up until the second half and they still won easily.

I am not in the fire coaches camp, just calling it like I see it. The Huskers simply have too many holes to think about competing against teams of this caliber. I hope I am wrong.

I think it should be. I think across the board they have better talent than us this year and it'll take something out of the ordinary from our coaches to give us an edge. Our o-line has been getting beat like a drum by good teams when it comes to pass blocking and just generally deciding who's blocking who. It'll be tough for TM if he has to dodge 3 guys before every play gets going. Their QB is solid as well and their O is balanced; it would be better for our D if they were only good at one thing. There again I think the D coaches will have to bring something out of the ordinary to make up for our deficiencies.

Of course if our D forces a bunch of turnovers......but then that's stating the obvious.

Yes, although I'd say "Beck and Bo" instead of "Beck and Paps" -- Paps has never called a game here except while Bo was in the hospital.

exactly. Why is this so hard to understand?

Yep and it was the same with Carl too. Both Carl and Paps were/are nothing but signal monkeys as they just signal the defense that Bo calls to the team. Not a bad gig for the pay.