"Look at them, look at us..."

Haspula

I think this quote sums it up from Joseph:

This fact is not lost on Joseph, who came to NU from Tennessee. Joseph has an SEC mentality. What he saw in the fourth quarter was no shock.

“For three quarters, we traded jabs,” Joseph said. “But you have to play a perfect game against a team like that. When you give up a couple big plays, their defense smells blood and they can go get it.

“We have to get more good players and be able to use them in a rotation, take some snaps off some guys. That's what they are able to do. Late in the game, they have more players with more snaps. They have more good players.”

Reminds me of the Huskers of old. Sub guys in without much drop off at all.

I think this quote sums it up from Joseph:

This fact is not lost on Joseph, who came to NU from Tennessee. Joseph has an SEC mentality. What he saw in the fourth quarter was no shock.

“For three quarters, we traded jabs,” Joseph said. “But you have to play a perfect game against a team like that. When you give up a couple big plays, their defense smells blood and they can go get it.

“We have to get more good players and be able to use them in a rotation, take some snaps off some guys. That's what they are able to do. Late in the game, they have more players with more snaps. They have more good players.”

Reminds me of the Huskers of old. Sub guys in without much drop off at all.

coach joseph probably understands this better than most on the staff he's seen the SEC teams and their talent level from his days coaching at Tenn. and L. Tech now all the coaches have to do is go and get the players to be able to compete, i'd like to have a few more coaches like Joseph on this staff young but proven guys that can recruit

Just curious as to what you are saying?? If you think we were completely athletically inferior you and I watched a different game.

Completely? No. But the difference between giving up 18 points per game in the SEC and 26 points per game in the Big Ten.

What I would say is our top 50 or so was every bit as good as theirs. Once we get further out than that, their bottom 20 or so had our bottom 20 beat. They were definately deeper than us. Which stems back to the 08 and 09 recruiting class.

Which is a lot more important than people realize, because that stiffer competition in practices makes you that much better for gameday.

Just curious as to what you are saying?? If you think we were completely athletically inferior you and I watched a different game.

Completely? No. But the difference between giving up 18 points per game in the SEC and 26 points per game in the Big Ten.

What I would say is our top 50 or so was every bit as good as theirs. Once we get further out than that, their bottom 20 or so had our bottom 20 beat. They were definately deeper than us. Which stems back to the 08 and 09 recruiting class.

Got that right.

coach joseph probably understands this better than most on the staff he's seen the SEC teams and their talent level from his days coaching at Tenn. and L. Tech now all the coaches have to do is go and get the players to be able to compete, i'd like to have a few more coaches like Joseph on this staff young but proven guys that can recruit

In 2005, Pelini was hired by Louisiana State University Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, LSU defeated Tennessee 21–14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38–24 against Ohio State, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.[4] [5]

Got that right.

It's picked up since. There's a reason we will see a ton of athletic improvement next year.

In 2005, Pelini was hired by Louisiana State University Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, LSU defeated Tennessee 21–14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38–24 against Ohio State, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.[4] [5]

yeah i know pelini coached at LSU i'm not that stupid thats why i said most of the coaching staff not ALL the coaches

Paraphrasing here:

Nebraska isn't the fastest or most athletic team. But they're well-coached and they play hard every snap. That's what makes them tough to beat.

-- Howard Schnellenberger

Not sure when he made that comment, but it was before we won all those championships in the mid-90s. I remember reading it in an old SI or Sporting News issue.

Gotta be honest, I've harped on the DL all season, and last year as well. But to me, the last 2 Husker games have shown where the deficiencies really lie: safety and linebacker.

Our safety play was atrocious in the CCG, and wasn't great today. But the LBs are almost non-existant for our defense. Compton does good at times, but he is a MAJOR liability in pass coverage due to his lack of speed.

Hopefully our young stud LBs who redshirted this year can step up and raise the level of play in the middle of our D, because we need it desperately.

There's no doubt this team needs more speed, and less complicated defense. Bo's trying to get these kids to learn a very complicated system which some NFL guys would struggle with, and the players get so overwhelmed and confused to get into position that they get out of position.

You think Nick Saban runs one of the most complicated defensive schemes in the country, no way, when you have the best athletes you don't need to. Obviously Nebraska doesn't have Alabama's athletes (few teams do), but we have some pretty dang good ones (or at least we will next season). Raw talent can win in college football and when you keep things simple for these guys their raw talent will make the same plays a complicated scheme would.

We need more athletes no doubt, you've gotta keep pushing south LA, AL, GA, MS, FL. Just because one kid from the south says no doesn't mean they all will. Terry Joseph can't recruit down there all by himself other coaches need to step up and join him down in the ultimate hotbed of recruiting.

Part of the issue was the inability to really get consistent pressure on Murray. You let a guy with his talent sit in the pocket, coupled with the talent of their receivers and any DB's would look bad. Murray threw some great passes and his receivers also made him look great. Evans has played solid all year. IMO, DB's gave up some plays today, but still held the SEC record setting QB to 54% completion rate. It just hurts when he rips us for almost 500 yrds.

Exactly. You can't give a guy like Murray that much time or he'll make you pay. We need a front four that can get pressure all by themselves without having to send two or three more guys also because, as we also saw, a qb of that caliber will make you pay on an all out blitz also. Our D problems start up front. The same could be said about our O problems also but those are not near as severe. Been saying it for quite awhile; control the lines and we'll be sitting fat.

Georgia was 12 -17 on third down. That's the difference in this game in my opinion. You have to be able to get off the field on third down, plain and simple. Well and of course Nebraska's standard 3 turnovers that have apparently become an absolute guarantee each game now.

By the way, was my prediction dead nuts or what? I almost smacked it right on the head. Yards and score.