Jerry Jones proclaims big changes

HANC

Sounds like the Cowboys might be hiring Monte Kiffin :ohnoes

im sorry, I must've missed out on all the stellar defensive stats USC has out up the last few years. :facepalm:

Don't let USC's D fool you. Monte Kiffin is one hell of a DC. He was the brains behind Tampa's D back in the day, and his year with Tennessee turned that defense from below-average into a very respectable D. Granted, he had Eric Berry to help him out, but Kiffin is a great defensive mind.

Sounds like the Cowboys might be hiring Monte Kiffin :ohnoes

im sorry, I must've missed out on all the stellar defensive stats USC has out up the last few years. :facepalm:

Don't let USC's D fool you. Monte Kiffin is one hell of a DC. He was the brains behind Tampa's D back in the day, and his year with Tennessee turned that defense from below-average into a very respectable D. Granted, he had Eric Berry to help him out, but Kiffin is a great defensive mind.

Monte Kiffin is a fantastic defensive mind.... anyone who disputes that is not football savy.....BUT, just for argument sakes (and the fact that I want Cowboy fans to think it isn't a great hire..lol)........he is 76 (?) years old and I think that maybe I could have had a great run in Tampa Bay with the likes of Brooks, Lynch, Sapp, Rice....just to name a few of the All-Pro guys on that squad.

Dallas will have to go find a different group of players to fit his schemes..... I believe that even Brooks ( may be wrong former player) that said when he looks at the Dallas roster, he doesn't see the athletes to fit Kiffin's scheme like they did in Tampa. I really want Monte to be successful, but would rather see Jones and the Cowboys (America's Team my a$$) trip on their own d!ck.

I guess that the US is in a very bad way economically, jobs are low, unemployement near highest ever, we rank like 36th or lower in math scores........so, yep, at this point in time, the "average" Cowboys could qualify as a team that most people could relate too. Spend more $$$$ Jerry.... Do it !!

Actually, their defensive lineman are better suited to play in Kiffin's scheme than what they're currently running, since they have several tackles, but not a single true nose guard. They'd just have to get a defensive end to play opposite DeMarcus Ware. They might even have one in Tyrone Crawford. I suspected there were plans to switch to a 4-3 when they drafted him.

Lee and Carter are perfect linebackers for Kiffin's scheme.

They need to go get some safeties, but that would be true regardless of the scheme.

Kiffin is 72 according to his Wiki page. There's no doubt he's one of the all-time great defensive coordinators, but he is getting up there in years. Could be a concern.

Actually, their defensive lineman are better suited to play in Kiffin's scheme than what they're currently running, since they have several tackles, but not a single true nose guard. They'd just have to get a defensive end to play opposite DeMarcus Ware. They might even have one in Tyrone Crawford. I suspected there were plans to switch to a 4-3 when they drafted him.

Lee and Carter are perfect linebackers for Kiffin's scheme.

They need to go get some safeties, but that would be true regardless of the scheme.

Kiffin is 72 according to his Wiki page. There's no doubt he's one of the all-time great defensive coordinators, but he is getting up there in years. Could be a concern.

72 sounds right, thank you for fixing that. I don't know how big the Dallas D-front is, just know their names and of course, as much as I hate the Cowboys, Ware is a freak !!! Once again, I think it was Brooks who said that the Cowboys aren't "big" enough up front to play the scheme as well as Tampa. Please understand that this is HIS opinion and I am just stating what he said. I don't know enough about the comparisons to make an educated opinion.

Smaller and quicker works well, but as we found out this year with Merideth, you can get pushed around a lot too. With no true nose guard's size, will Dallas be able too size up at DT to play the 4. I knew they were moving to a 4 man front as soon as Ryan was fired. Only justification for letting him go. This allows Ware to play a true DE and not cover as much.

I hope it blows ups becuase of lack of personel. Have I mentioned that I hate the Cowboys....lol

At the risk of disagreeing with one of the all-time great NFL linebackers, I'd say Ratliff and Hatcher are plenty big enough for Monte's scheme. Ratliff earned All-Pro honors at nose guard, despite being 20-30 lbs undersized, which was tough on his body. He's a much better fit in Monte's scheme than what he's been playing. Neither one is as big as Sapp, that's probably what was on Brooks mind if he said that.

Honestly, it sounds like something Sapp himself would say. :lol: