Ameer's Fumble

EZ-E

Hang on to the ball and there is no controversy!

Bingo

Too lazy to look it up, but im thinking there hasn't been a running back in history who didn't fumble at least once. Sure Ameer and Taylor fumble too much but they're both guys with tons of talent and heart, and i believe both of them will be better next year.. Ill take them on my team any day. Bottom line for me is that you cant give up 45+ points to any decent team and expect to win, fumbles or not.

You are correct, he did blow it dead. I have it DVR'd and you can clearly see it on the one of two camera angles they allowed us to see.

Are you saying you actually heard the whistle? I've watched the play several times and didn't hear a whistle, nor did I see any players react as though they heard the play whistled dead.

First rule in a fumble pile is you hold onto the ball until the ref physically reaches you and asks for the ball.

No I wasn't there but you can clearly see the back judge coming in with his hand raised above his head in a motion not unlike blowing the ball dead.

The big problem was how the offense couldn't get over this play. It stuck in their craw, they said after the game. It took them out of sync. They needed to be ready for the next possession. It's the next play that counts. This is a problem. Overcome adversity.

This has been our issue all year long. A huge play or mistake just makes the guys collapse. It is not getting behind that takes the wind from their sails, but the manner it happens ie the AA fumble, Michicken roughing the punter, Miller's run, Wisky with the long TD to open against us in the B1G, the Hail Mary against USC etc..... It seems each loss had the one pivotal play that the team couldn't shake.

Against UGA Murray throws the pick 6 and comes right back with a score of his own on the very next series. Teams that have "arrived" are capable of over coming these "gut punch" plays. To date, IMO, NU has not shown that ability or resolve.

meh that play sucked but I really think everyone is focusing too much on it. It didnt have as much of an impact on the game as the illegal pick play UGA ran, or the fact that time after time we couldn't make a stop on third and long. UGA's 3rd down conversion rate was the difference in the game IMO

The play prevented what looked to be like an automatic TD drive. That would have put us up by 7 and further wore out the GA defense. Instead that fumble gave them life. That fumble was the turning point in an even game. How on earth can that not be the focus of where we lost? I think you are focusing too much on stas on not on momentum. :)

E-ZE... yes the back judge did run in ruling him down and when he did run in, the whistles were already blowing! When i watched it live, i was furious and yelling at the TV because the play was blown dead right after Ameer went down and before everybody dog-piled on top for the ball. That was only one of many bad calls in that game!

The officials blew the play dead after they saw no more forward progress being made. Then they separated the players to see who recovered the fumble.

Had they not blown the ball dead more players from both sides would have jumped on the pile and made their job more difficult.

It seems the only people that "heard the whistle" were those sitting in their living rooms drinking beer and eating chips.

And wearing a corn cob on their heads, of course.

:)

meh that play sucked but I really think everyone is focusing too much on it. It didnt have as much of an impact on the game as the illegal pick play UGA ran, or the fact that time after time we couldn't make a stop on third and long. UGA's 3rd down conversion rate was the difference in the game IMO

The play prevented what looked to be like an automatic TD drive. That would have put us up by 7 and further wore out the GA defense. Instead that fumble gave them life. That fumble was the turning point in an even game. How on earth can that not be the focus of where we lost? I think you are focusing too much on stas on not on momentum. :)

Yeah I know all that but I stand by what I say. TD wasn't guaranteed, and its not like we really put the d in a bad spot there. Momentum, I'm not going to say it is nonexistent but it isn't like that fumble created some magical force allowing UGA to keep converting 3rd downs against our d or make the refs blind to the illegal pick play, which IMO had more of an impact.