Scott Frost

Unless Scott Frost is some kind of defensive wizard I don't get why we need him. I'm pretty sure he isn't a guru on the D side.

Not that this makes him a guru, but he did play safety at Stanford as well as safety in the NFL. From a playing standpoint, he's pretty well rounded playing both safety in college as well as QB and safety in the NFL. I'm not really sure how he ever became a WR coach. I have no doubt he'll be a head coach someday, but I highly doubt it's ever here. What's the over/under on the amount of years Chip Kelly makes it in the NFL?

Frost actually got his coaching start on the Defensive side of the ball. He was even the DC at UNI before Kelly hired him to coach WRs.

Pelini gets torn up on the board for hiring people with no experience. Scott Frost get a pass because he played at Wood River.

NFL playing experience and was a DC at the FCS level to a position coach at the FBS level is actually not considered hiring someone with no experience in my eyes. Seems like the next step for a young guy moving up the ranks.

Moving back to the offensive side was an interesting choice for both Frost to make and Kelly to offer, since he had made his coaching bones on the Defensive side. He obviously wanted to get back to that side of the ball.