Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

• Fire 2

There is work to do. Already stated that and we all know it. Second year in the B1G and we won a divisional championship. Michigan's coach can't say that yet. They won a BCS game last year, but they have work to do just as we do and the same with OSU. OSU went undefeated this season but they have many holes as well. No team in the B1G is at a national championship level right now. That could change in the near future.

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

Yep. The blowout losses, giving up like 50 points per loss average this year, almost record setting yards UCLA (on the ground) and in the air (UGA) and it really brings one back to reality. Had we suffered 4 close losses, much easier to say we are almost there. Having Wisky hang 70 and OSU hang 63 shows we have a long way to go.

Everyone knows all this - but the statistic still has merit. Why? Because how many other teams have done what we've done? How many? Oh, only three? And they're all perennial BCS and Championship contenders or winners?

Well, we aren't, but we're in the same company, which means we are, at the very least, close.

• Fire 5

Yes and you add in some games that were less than stellar, maybe not beating a team, a break here or there, there are more questions. We won the games, but it has to make you wonder just how good our 10 win season was.

Next year we will see a real BCS level team in Ohio State if we make it to the CCG. They are out recruiting us beyond belief. Michigan is right behind them.

I really could care less about either of them, but thinking we have narrowed the gap on either is wishful thinking. We have 10 defensive players leaving, that are from one of the worst defensive units we have ever had, and we have freshman that have never played a down replacing. Thinking they are going to be hands down better is questionable at the very least.

Thinking not getting to the Rose Bowl will be a disappointment is a very high standard for this team or staff to meet. I hope you are right about it, as that sets the standards a little higher than I would hope for. But it would be fantastic.

Oregon

Boise St.

Alabama

Nebraska

Not bad company at all. Get the defense rebuilt, continue to get depth, and we have a program that can compete at a higher level for the B1G championships. Ohio State is rebuilding with a ton of talent so we need to build great depth to compete. The same with Michigan.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/show-t eam.pl

I get what your saying, however, who cares? I would like to see where we stand with other top teams in the "embarrassing loss" list. Wisconsin twice in two years, UCLA, oh state, south carolina, etc etc. and thats just in two years.

Our defense is horrible and we hear the same stupid stuff after every season... "Our defense will be better next year", " we are close to turning the corner", " we can play with anyone" etc. really? It's ridiculous. Nothing's going to change next year with the exception of playing a sub par schedule that we are all excited about.

Close, are you really serious?

We have given up more yards this year to top teams than in our history I think. We have most of our defense that accomplished this leaving, kids that have never been on the field replacing them and we are close. I really do not think there is that much KoolAid in the world.

We will struggle to be average next year for most of the year, hopefully by mid conference they will have an idea of what to do. It took some of thes 5 years and they had no clue.

Again I hope you are right, but it seems most are setting themselves up for some real let downs next year. If these kids are half as good as we hope, it is going to be tough for them. Communication will be a night mare. If not and they are as good as they are supposed to be, why in God's creation did they ride the bench all year. Yea the dike is breaking, wait till next month to fix it, we have the tools, but we just do not want to use them now.

Ocean front property in New Mexico as you must have already bought all the Arizona land.

Close, are you really serious?

We have given up more yards this year to top teams than in our history I think. We have most of our defense that accomplished this leaving, kids that have never been on the field replacing them and we are close. I really do not think there is that much KoolAid in the world.

We will struggle to be average next year for most of the year, hopefully by mid conference they will have an idea of what to do. It took some of thes 5 years and they had no clue.

Again I hope you are right, but it seems most are setting themselves up for some real let downs next year. If these kids are half as good as we hope, it is going to be tough for them. Communication will be a night mare. If not and they are as good as they are supposed to be, why in God's creation did they ride the bench all year. Yea the dike is breaking, wait till next month to fix it, we have the tools, but we just do not want to use them now.

Ocean front property in New Mexico as you must have already bought all the Arizona land.

Seriously it's ridiculous.

That is pretty nice company, and a good number overall. I'm surprised that there are only four teams! I wonder if it's just this time frame. Obviously, our program wouldn't make the cut if we went back to 2007. And I wonder how many more teams might get back in with 9 wins in 2013, if you were to look at the "from 2009" timeframe a year from now.

• Fire 1

Yep. The blowout losses, giving up like 50 points per loss average this year, almost record setting yards UCLA (on the ground) and in the air (UGA) and it really brings one back to reality. Had we suffered 4 close losses, much easier to say we are almost there. Having Wisky hang 70 and OSU hang 63 shows we have a long way to go.

Yes, will just dismiss the ten games that they won and focus on the negativity of the four games. ;) The ten games never happened. ;) ;) ;) ;)

So now they can take us off that list. :leghump:

Nothing we do is good and we should feel bad, in fact they shoud just disband the football team. /s

This is obviously the only option we have. Quite a few pretty good teams had their butts handed to them at least once this year. Georgia was blasted by SC 35-7. K State who looked unbeatable for 9 or 10 games was pasted by Baylor without Robert Griffin. Oklahoma was a pretty good team all year and see what the Aggies did to them last night. Florida was close to playing in the national championship game and Louisville took them apart with our castaway OC. Texas with all their great recruiting prowess can't get off the snide and win a big game to save their neck. Oregon looked unbeatable all year and lost to a decent Stanford team. NCAA football has changed in the last 5 years and most of the really great teams from past decades aren't thriving like they used to. There are more good coaches at more schools who are now willing to fund the football program like never before. Upgrading facilities more than ever and paying coaches and staffs bigger and bigger salaries.

For all this expansion I don't think there are more kids playing high school football than 20 years ago. Soccer and other fall sports have stripped football of at least a few kids who in other years might have played football. Texas, the southeast, and Calif are probably still hotbeds of high school football. While still popular here in Nebraska I wouldn't say the quality of play is as good as it was 20 years ago Conditioning, injury rehab etc may have improved but I don't see many kids in Nebraska willing to give 100% for 4 or 5 years to become the best they can be. Who was the last All American to come out of Omaha before Spencer Long this year? Did he come out of high school as the next "can't miss" player?

Certainly I wanted to see the Huskers win a few big games this year. In the 4 games we lost two games were winnable well into the 4th quarter. Yes we were blown out twice. It happens in this landscape of present day college football. We will get over the hump....if not next year then the year after....or the year after that. Anyone without the patience and confidence can get off the wagon anytime.

• Fire 1

Just because someone looks at things differently than the Pony/Koolaid crew does not mean they are not fans.

If you do not see problems, more power to you. But if you had problems at home, would you bury your head in the sand and say it will be okay in a year or two, maybe three.

We listen to the KoolAid crew continously about how it so much better, some do not see that.

I think we will get better, but it most likely is not going to be next year, or the following year, with a brand new QB, as I doubt anyone but Taylor sees the field next year. Again no planning as with this year.

I see coaching problems with no real solution to the problems, IE redshirted DL when we did not have enough to field a team this year. No back up QB with a snap for next year.

Can these things be corrected, yes, but just blindly believing they are fine does not fix the problem and it has not for a long time.

Again, I think they can be fixed, but if you were looking at another team with the same problems we have you would not be saying the same things.