All time top NU QBs

I think people get confused w/ the Cosgove defenses. There's a reason he was here in 07'. His 06' defense was not that bad...

2006/2012 (per game)

Scoring: 18.3 (would have ranked #14 this year) / #58 - 27.6

Rushing: 116.57 (would have ranked #15 this year) / #92 - 192.5

Passing: 215.28 (would have ranked #40 this year) / #5 - 168.1

Total: 331.9 (would have ranked #18 this year) / #35 - 360.6

That 18.3 number is what's important. In Pelini's time here we've gone 28.5, 10.4, 17.4, 23.4, 27.6. Would you have fired Bo/Carl after 2010 (which was similar to Coz's 2006)? Nope.

good info. that 2007 was enought to taint everthing.

yup - won't disagree w/ ya there. I think it was also the last year that we've been embarrassed at the level of our 2008/2011/2012 teams. 2006 didn't include any disastrous losses. 2005 included a 25 point beating by Kansas which by today's standards is pretty average. Even 2004 wasn't terrible You had the 70-10 embarrassment that was Texas Tech, but that's about it.

It's pretty sad that we all talk up Pelini (and his 9 wins) and bash Callahan, yet you can go through Cally's entire tenure and only fine 1 game before the 07' season like 08' Missouri/Oklahoma...or 11' Wisconsin, Michigan, SC...or 12' Ohio State, Wisconsin.

If we were all honest with ourselves, we'd look at 2012 and realize that at a high level it was more similar to 2007 than it was to 2010. It could have easily gone that direction in the W/L columns as well. 2 years in a row we've gone into the offseason like this.

It's pretty sad that we all talk up Pelini (and his 9 wins) and bash Callahan,

The difference between Callahan and Pelini has more to do with culture than wins and losses.

Yeah. I believe you're right. He ran the program into the ground from that standpiont. But, how much of that came out before the 2007 season? We heard grumblings, and saw various red flags that aren't much different than we see with Pelini. But after 06' you didn't hear many complaining. Most of it all came to light during the 07' season.

Not saying that is the case with Pelini - but if he goes 5-7 next season I think we'd learn a lot more about the culture of the program than we know. Somehow going 5-7 at Nebraska tends to unravel whatever culture you've created pretty quickly.

Was it Cally that ruined the culture, or was that the product of the 5-7 season? I'd say a combination of both.

I think if Bo goes 5-7 or 6-6 next year he's gone. I think the Bo Pelini Era has been defined by too many missed opportunities for him to have much teflon left.

7-5 may even do it if we have a lot more blow out loses and no cc game.

But this topic is about QBs - so Bo's D performance next year will go a long way to define TM's success

That there is any argument that Frazier isn't the best Nebraska qb of all time is amazing to me. The guy lost 3 games....3 in his 3 and 1/2ish years as a starter. Frazier had more "IT" factor than the rest of the qbs on that list combined. The kid showed up in the grandest fashion on the largest stages. Sure his surround cast was incredible but that guy commanded the offense. Crouch had amazing talent but wasn't a commander. He and Taylor are quite similar in that fashion except Taylor talks more.

A average-good defense next year and this offense will be free to operate at a pace/level that they were not able to this year. TMart could be pretty dominant in that scenario. I was watching the A&M game...we think our offense runs hurry-up...we snap the ball between 22-25 seconds when we are in our hurry up offense. They were consistently at 26-30. That's how I'd like to see us running it next year.

Too many variables go into winning football games to give the Qb all the credit , or blame. Hardware, other than individual awards, shouldnt really matter as far as rank goes. Offensive schemes and things like better o-lines and receivers can make or break a Qb too. I would rank them differently based on some of those things.

1. Best runners - Frazier,Crouch, Martinez, Jamal Lord ,Gill,and Frost

2. Best passers- Z. Taylor, Ferigamo, Keller (we haven't had many pure passers so the list is short)

3. Both - Frazier, Crouch, Martinez, Gill ,Ganz

I didn't see Tagge play or he might b in there too. It was a different time so maybe comparisons aren't so valid anyway.

Too many variables go into winning football games to give the Qb all the credit , or blame. Hardware, other than individual awards, shouldnt really matter as far as rank goes. Offensive schemes and things like better o-lines and receivers can make or break a Qb too. I would rank them differently based on some of those things.

2. Best passers- Z. Taylor, Ferigamo, Keller (we haven't had many pure passers so the list is short)

I didn't see Tagge play or he might b in there too. It was a different time so maybe comparisons aren't so valid anyway.

Tommie was a terrible passer. His completion % hovered around 50%, and he threw a lot of picks.

Crouch, Gill and Ganz were all "both." We'll see if Marty gets there with his passing - he's improved, that's for sure.

• Fire 1

Tommie was a terrible passer. His completion % hovered around 50%, and he threw a lot of picks.

Crouch, Gill and Ganz were all "both." We'll see if Marty gets there with his passing - he's improved, that's for sure.

. Wow really ? I don't remember frazier being that bad, probably should have looked it up. Compared to Frosty the shotputter, and Jamal throwing bullets into the ground he was great. Seems like Martinez can make all the throws if he has time and sets himself , just makes bad decisions under pressure. I look for him to work more this off season and have even a better year next year.

. Wow really ? I don't remember frazier being that bad, probably should have looked it up. Compared to Frosty the shotputter, and Jamal throwing bullets into the ground he was great. Seems like Martinez can make all the throws if he has time and sets himself , just makes bad decisions under pressure. I look for him to work more this off season and have even a better year next year.

Yeah, that's true. Crouch could throw well enough, and Lord could throw a nice long pass, but anything shorter than 20 yards and Lord was terrible. And I turned off the Missouri game in 1997 because we had to drive like 78 yards with just over a minute to go, and Frost The Shotputter wasn't going to get that done. Luckily, curiosity got the better of me and I turned it back on in time to see Wiggins' foot work its magic. :D

Marty has improved remarkably, and for a guy who's not a natural QB he did a very good impression of a QB - at times - this year. Hopefully he keeps at it, and even goes back to that QB guru, and improves even more.

BTW - quite off topic here, but think of the money this Calhoun guy is making via Taylor Martinez. If he can take a guy who's basically just a raw athlete and convert him into a passable QB (no pun intended) in just a few short sessions, what could he do with other "project" guys? This guy's summers are going to be booked for a decade if Martinez keeps this up.

• Fire 1