And, on the vegan/vegetarian issue, I don't really care what other people choose to do. If you don't want meat, don't eat it. However, I love meat and therefore I eat a bunch of it. I also eat veggies and fruit, well pretty much anything that holds still long enough for me to stab it with a fork. Also, I like tofu, especially a local chinese restaurants version "Ma Po Tofu" that is covered in a brown chili sauce with ground sausage in it-Mmmm. So Hedley, if you don't want to eat meat, more power to ya. That's less demand driving up the price of my medium rare Ribeyes, bacon wrapped filets, smoked pulled pork and beef brisket, etc.

I'm a secondhand Vegetarian.

I eats stuff that eats veg's

I eat vegetarians every day. I don't know why they would be on HB though.

But seriously, good luck with the vegetarian/vegan thing. My uncle was doing it for years and finally figured out it wasn't practical or natural. Humans are supposed to eat meat. I know a lot of Indians that are vegetarians and I never thought their diets were very healthy. Ironically I've read that many many years ago Indians ate a lot of beef, to the extent they created a shortage of cattle. A king declared the cow sacred, problem solved.

I think it is funny that people say that slaughterhouses and producers are "torturing" animals. I picture a rancher waterboarding their cattle just because...he can? Makes no sense. Whatever they are doing in slaughterhouses is the most efficient way of processing the animals although it might appear cruel if you've never been around animals. They aren't taking additional steps to torture an animal prior to killing it. I know of one instance where a beef processor allowed some group to tour the plant and shoot some video. The group totally distorted a part of the process (some chemical treatment) in a hatchet video which had a major impact on sales. It was completely bogus and factually incorrect. Beware of some of the propoganda put out there by various groups.

If you're into the whole organic vegetable stuff be sure to prepare them carefully to negate the natural fertilizer they use. You might be eating sh#t which has e coli.

So I'm confused, Hedley. What's the reason for not drinking milk? Just curious.

They aren't treated any better

Once again, not really a factual statement. Meat processors treat the animals very well but dairymen take it to a whole new level of pampering. Dairy cows are literally treated better than most humans, receiving extensive veterinary care for any condition that might adversely affect their milk production. They are treated like spoiled princesses. Some of the larger operations use a huge rotary system that the cows ride on while they are connected to the milking device. It is up to the cow if they wish to step off the turntable when their rotation is over. Many of them choose to simply joy ride when they are finished. Pray tell, what about the dairy industry is inhumane? I'm anxious to know what disinformation awaits.

• Fire 1

Once again, not really a factual statement. Meat processors treat the animals very well but dairymen take it to a whole new level of pampering. Dairy cows are literally treated better than most humans, receiving extensive veterinary care for any condition that might adversely affect their milk production. They are treated like spoiled princesses. Some of the larger operations use a huge rotary system that the cows ride on while they are connected to the milking device. It is up to the cow if they wish to step off the turntable when their rotation is over. Many of them choose to simply joy ride when they are finished. Pray tell, what about the dairy industry is inhumane? I'm anxious to know what disinformation awaits.

How and why does a cow produce milk? What is the average life expectancy of a cow not at a dairy farm? What is done to the male calves born at the dairy farm? If being milked and impregnated for entire adult life sounds fun then I guess we can agree to disagree :-)

How and why does a cow produce milk? What is the average life expectancy of a cow not at a dairy farm? What is done to the male calves born at the dairy farm? If being milked and impregnated for entire adult life sounds fun then I guess we can agree to disagree :-)

What do you think would happen if they were loose and running around the countryside? They would get impregnated and milked.... Just like any other milk-producing animal. Soooooooooo moral of the story is you got nothing.

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.”

Anthony Bourdain

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

Mahatma Gandhi

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."

Pythagoras

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit."

Anthony Bourdain

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

Mahatma Gandhi

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."

Pythagoras

Who listens to a guy in diaper.

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit."

Anthony Bourdain

Mahatma Gandhi

Are you Indian?

Anthony Bourdain

Mahatma Gandhi

Are you Indian?

And race has what to do with any of this? We are all one people.