Kicker Transferring In?

There was talk that he was not universally loved (to put it kindly) when he was a position coach years back. It seems he is better suited to his current position, which is primarily administrative. He does have a lot to do with the resurgence of the walk-on program as well, so he's doing something right.

Pretty much. There's a few husker message boards out there that strictly refer to him as Asshat, which is all I was referring to. If you're ever bored in Memorial (3 hours before kickoff, Idaho St game, etc) try to locate him and watch what he does. His favorite activities include carrying empty clipboards around and wearing a headset on the sidelines during games, which I am 96% sure is not plugged in to anything.

Bondi isn't all he was cracked out to be. Thank The Lord we have an in with a stud kicker out of Tejas next year!

Bondi isn't what he was cracked out to be? Are you smoking crack? Kid can kick field goals period. There's a reason he's on scholarship...he's a good field goal kicker. You'll see this year.

Jordan Congdon is laughing at you somewhere right now.

Bondi isn't all he was cracked out to be. Thank The Lord we have an in with a stud kicker out of Tejas next year!

Bondi isn't what he was cracked out to be? Are you smoking crack? Kid can kick field goals period. There's a reason he's on scholarship...he's a good field goal kicker. You'll see this year.

Are you talking about the same Jordan Congdon that hit 19 of 23 FGs as a freshman, setting the Nebraska school record and was named a Freshman All-American?

Are you talking about the same Jordan Congdon that hit 19 of 23 FGs as a freshman, setting the Nebraska school record and was named a Freshman All-American?

How did the Soph, Jr and Sr year go? He had a weak leg.

It didn't take long for Patrick Smith to figure out just how much University of Nebraska football means to the entire state.

Last weekend, while on his way to visit the Lincoln, Neb., campus, Smith was pulled over by a Nebraska state trooper shortly after crossing the border from Iowa.

Asked where he was headed, Smith explained he was exploring the possibility of transferring from Western Illinois University and making this his official visit to the Big Ten Conference school.

"He took my insurance card and went back to his car," said Smith, a kicker and punter who recently completed his junior season at WIU as one of 10 finalists for the Fred Mitchell Outstanding Place-Kicker Award. "He then waved me back to his car. We spent about 15 minutes talking about the Huskers."

Smith then walked away with a written warning and an idea of what the rest of the visit would be like.

"It made an impression," Smith said.

LINK

That's the coolest thing I've ever heard of a Nebr state trooper doing. Usually we only hear about them throwing one of our guys in the pokey for drunkardness. :lol:

/jacked from GSG's status update.

How did the Soph, Jr and Sr year go? He had a weak leg.

He left the team.

Saw this posted on HuskerMax, the guy seems pretty credible so I thought I'd share:

Bondi is very inconsistent but has a big leg. When I was at the Northwestern game, before the game I was standing in the end zone, about 30 feet wide left of the goal post when he was warming up (I was closer to the pylon in the corner of the end zone than the upright). Anyways, a ball came up and bounced into my hands, the manager came up to get the ball and I asked if that was Bondi. His answer was "yes." lol.gif

I did see him knock a 54 yarder through the uprights a few kicks later, but that just shows his inconsistency.

As a punter, sort of the same deal. I have seem him really get into some and a lot of others weren't hit very well. Best case scenario, I could see Bondi being what Maher was this year. He ended up a 1st/2nd team K/P, but as a fan base we struggled with some of the mishaps.

Boy, his leg must have gotten really weak since 2009 when he set a kicking camp record of 62 yards. Keep in mind he was a sophomore in high school.

I love how people's opinions suddenly trump a kids actual ability.

Off a tee or off the ground?

The video shows an L bracket holder on the ground.

I hope he is a stud but I'm not counting on him being a Henery or even a Maher. Again I hope I am wrong

Kicking game in college is one that you can't always count on getting kids that will win you a ton of games, we have been pretty spoiled, you just hope it doesn't cost you a lot of games I.e. the Penn St suitation this year.

Mental makeup trumps ability a lot with kickers, you can watch a guy kick from 60 with no rush, snap or hold then choke in games with frequency

I'm pretty confident in Bondi...imho, he's a great kicker and we're in good hands.

He's kicking off a tee in that video. There is not a 1:1 relationship between ability to kick off a tee and the ground. The guy who can kick it the farthest off a tee isn't necessarily the guy who can kick it the farthest off the ground. Same goes for accuracy. Everything is more difficult off the ground, and if you'd ever actually watch Boondi kick it's pretty evident he's not even close to of the quality that video shows (which, mind you, has probably edited out all his pylon-shanks).