**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

It'll be interesting to see how Chicago maintains if Hossa is out for an extended period of time. I don't think he'll be out that long, but you never know with head injuries.

That fricken thug Hansen. Hope the League takes him to the woodshed on this.

See, this brings up an interesting point... There are guys out there, like Hansen, that are known for crappy things like this.

Do you think anything should have happened to Cooke from the Pens, for what happened to Karlsson?

I thought Cooke's was accidental. Part me thinking that is probably because I've never seen that actually happen. Hansen's was a straight up cheap shot. He looked him down and then attacked.

Hansen will get a game, maybe two. Cooke's another known "thug", and I'm not so sure it wasn't unintentional.

and here ya go...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-hansen-slapped-one-game-ban-aggressive-hit-055939976--nhl.html

It'll be interesting to see how Chicago maintains if Hossa is out for an extended period of time. I don't think he'll be out that long, but you never know with head injuries.

That fricken thug Hansen. Hope the League takes him to the woodshed on this.

See, this brings up an interesting point... There are guys out there, like Hansen, that are known for crappy things like this.

Do you think anything should have happened to Cooke from the Pens, for what happened to Karlsson?

I thought Cooke's was accidental. Part me thinking that is probably because I've never seen that actually happen. Hansen's was a straight up cheap shot. He looked him down and then attacked.

As the Senators are the only team in a professional league I would go so far as to say I'm a fan of, it kills me what happened to Karlsson. I have to agree on it being accidental, could you purposely do that? By most accounts (not including people in Ottawa) Cooke isn't the borderline player he used to be. Losing Spezza then Karlsson is making this season look like a wash.

As the Senators are the only team in a professional league I would go so far as to say I'm a fan of, it kills me what happened to Karlsson. I have to agree on it being accidental, could you purposely do that? By most accounts (not including people in Ottawa) Cooke isn't the borderline player he used to be. Losing Spezza then Karlsson is making this season look like a wash.

Yeah, Karlsson might be one of the most complete players in the NHL, and you're right, losing him after losing Spezza, thats a dagger in the heart...

With Cooke, I'm saying there might be intent, but how it turned out was a freak incident...

Rangers lose to the Sen's 3-2 in a shootout... Rangers powerplay is at 12% this season, which has got to be near the bottom, and it's one of the contributing factors to them not being the best team in the east...

f'ing' sad.

A power play like that will help you not make the playoffs, and if you do, assist with a quick exit...