**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Taking 2 guys who have never seen a hockey game tothe blues-oilers game on Friday. Anything in particular I need to pass along? Ive always gone to games with people who know whats goingon. O, and the blues will defeat the blackhawks on thursday

How was the game?

Taking 2 guys who have never seen a hockey game tothe blues-oilers game on Friday. Anything in particular I need to pass along? Ive always gone to games with people who know whats goingon. O, and the blues will defeat the blackhawks on thursday

How was the game?

It was pretty cool. Sat just two rows up from the St. Louis announcers, which meant getting to meet Darren Pang. The new guys loved the game. I had to explain icing, and why players skate to the red line and dump the puck as well as boarding. Other than that, we watched and enjoyed it. Got off to a slow start, but won 4-2. Both guys have told me they are going to more games this year and already started looking for tickets. It was a success and the Blues won, which is a whole new discussion. Had plenty of beer which helped bring them in.

Speaking of minor league hockey and fights- this is my favorite knock out punch from my local Colorado Eagles team. This was from a few years back before they moved from the CHL to the ECHL. Frazier Filipic was a cool little guy but he had big dog fight in him. There was absolutely nobody he wouldn't drop the gloves with and very few that got the best of him.