**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Rangers lose again... to f*cking Winnipeg...

On the bright side, they didn't give up a power play goal, on the not so bright side, they didn't score a power play goal...

4-3 loss. How the f#*k do you lose to Winnipeg? Jeez.

When you don't score, and that kid for the Jets, Evander Kane has been pretty hot past couple of games, thats how I guess...

Taking 2 guys who have never seen a hockey game tothe blues-oilers game on Friday. Anything in particular I need to pass along? Ive always gone to games with people who know whats goingon. O, and the blues will defeat the blackhawks on thursday

Explain offisdes before the game... other then that, tell them to just sit back and enjoy.

yeah, explain icing and you should be ok, and have a great time...

So, after talking to them about it. One of them saw plenty of Alaska Aces games, just not NHL. Other guy is completely clueless as to what hockey is. Either way, buy a few overpriced beers and enjoy.

The Aces are ECHL, pretty entertaining hockey. Same league as Bakersfield, use to go to a bunch of their games when I lived out there...

So, after talking to them about it. One of them saw plenty of Alaska Aces games, just not NHL. Other guy is completely clueless as to what hockey is. Either way, buy a few overpriced beers and enjoy.

The Aces are ECHL, pretty entertaining hockey. Same league as Bakersfield, use to go to a bunch of their games when I lived out there...

I've only ever been to NHL games. I need to start branching out and experiencing other brands of hockey now that I am really starting to get into the sport.

I've only ever been to NHL games. I need to start branching out and experiencing other brands of hockey now that I am really starting to get into the sport.

Don't get me wrong, I love the NHL, but some of the most entertaining hockey you'll ever see is minor league hockey...

Don't get me wrong, I love the NHL, but some of the most entertaining hockey you'll ever see is minor league hockey...

They say the same thing about baseball. Same sort of idea? At minor league baseball games, there are gimmicks along with the baseball. Hockey have the same ideas?

They say the same thing about baseball. Same sort of idea? At minor league baseball games, there are gimmicks along with the baseball. Hockey have the same ideas?

In theory yes, but minor league hockey, there are more fights, the rivalries are a bit more bitter, and the guys i'd say are trying harder...

In theory yes, but minor league hockey, there are more fights, the rivalries are a bit more bitter, and the guys i'd say are trying harder...

How is the skill level? Is it a noticeably worse? Slower? I wouldn't think it would be, but I have no idea.

How is the skill level? Is it a noticeably worse? Slower? I wouldn't think it would be, but I have no idea.

passes may not be as crisp, the product not as slick, but what the minor league guys lack in that, they more than make up for in guts...

When I lived in Bakersfield, there was a winger, Josh Liebnow. This kid had tons of heart, and not an ounce of quit in him. He wasn't the biggest guy, maybe 5'9, 175, but he played every game like it was his last. I saw him put a clean hit on a guy who was much bigger than him (6'4, 225 if memory serves) and he absolutely crushed him. Broke his collar bone and cracked a couple of the bigger dudes ribs.