ATH Kalen Ballage [Arizona State Commit]

If he wants to come in as a RB and we want him on the team that badly, let him do it. Let him see if he can stack up to the rest of the guys in the stable. If he can, great for us. If he can't then maybe his view will soften a little as to which side of the ball he would like to be on.

This. Don't turn him away when he could always move positions if he had to.

If he wants to come in as a RB and we want him on the team that badly, let him do it. Let him see if he can stack up to the rest of the guys in the stable. If he can, great for us. If he can't then maybe his view will soften a little as to which side of the ball he would like to be on.

Yep. That's my point as well.

He's tough to read. I don't see RB as his best position.

Same, I think he belongs on the defensive side.

Agreed. He'll fall in love with a school that promises him a shot at RB. Michigan might be the school that commits to making him a RB if the rumors about them going pro-style are true.

He's tough to read. I don't see RB as his best position.

I think it would be great to see him on the D side of the ball because he has so much athleticism and potential there. But, if his heart is at RB, let him come and compete. If he wins time on the field against the current RB group, he will definitely deserve it.

NU has a SOLID track record of having good athletes come in who PREFER to play offense who may appear to be better suited to play Defense- and giving them a straight up legit chance to make it on the offensive side of the ball. None of the "say whatever you can to get them in the door and pull the switcheroo thing"

Remember- a whole bunch of teams wanted TM on defense- not offense. Pelini may have his faults- but when it comes to making promises to players, you can bank on it, he's straight up.

That may help us here.

NU has a SOLID track record of having good athletes come in who PREFER to play offense who may appear to be better suited to play Defense- and giving them a straight up legit chance to make it on the offensive side of the ball. None of the "say whatever you can to get them in the door and pull the switcheroo thing"

Remember- a whole bunch of teams wanted TM on defense- not offense. Pelini may have his faults- but when it comes to making promises to players, you can bank on it, he's straight up.

That may help us here.

Unless he is straight up and honest when telling the kid we are only recruiting him for defense.

That may help us here.

TM was a scout team WR and didn't even run the scout team at QB much his freshman year. Dont know where that comes from.

That may help us here.

TM was a scout team WR and didn't even run the scout team at QB much his freshman year. Dont know where that comes from.

Either way it still makes the point that you let the kid have a shot at something and see what happens. Bo gave Martinez a shot at QB and the rest is history. We brought in Jamal Turner as a QB and instead he is one of our best WR. Just get the kid in here and see where it plays out. Believe me, if he is good enough to pass any of our current RB's, then that is awesome. If not, well he can't say we didn't give him a shot.

That may help us here.

TMs only offer from BCS team to play QB was from NU

He was recruited as an athlete by a number of other schools

One of the NU coaches I spoke to- when TM was a Frosh, said TM was recruited by Carl Pelini, and was on a lot of peoples radar at Safety, not QB

That may help us here.

TMs only offer from BCS team to play QB was from NU

He was recruited as an athlete by a number of other schools

One of the NU coaches I spoke to- when TM was a Frosh, said TM was recruited by Carl Pelini, and was on a lot of peoples radar at Safety, not QB

I agree with you, other than Oregon made a late push. But he played WR as late as Arizona bowl prep.