Barney Moving to TE Coach?

HuskerZag

Josh Peterson@joshtweeterson

“Pelini was accompanied on the home visit by Cornhuskers recruiting coordinator Terry Joseph and tight ends coach Barney Cotton.”

Brian Towle@btbowling

.. Oh really now?? RT @HuskerInsanity: Barney Cotton to coach TE? 4th paragraph: http://tinyurl.com/bsm8f25 #Huskers

"... #Huskers Recruiting coordinator Terry Joseph and tight ends coach Barney Cotton". http://bit.ly/14MO4Dc Wonder if this is true?

Erik Burkhart@HuskerInsanity

Barney Cotton to coach TE? This article is from January but read the 4th paragraph: http://tinyurl.com/bsm8f25 #Huskers

Looks like they all cite the same source, but hopefully officials announce something today about the move.

Thats the rumor, but there also is a rumor of something else going to happen not sure about that one though.

There is seriously a rumor that something else is going to happen?

Must be TJ to recruiting coordinator. I can't see anyone on the staff leaving.

Rumor Barney to TE coach has been going around the last few days on the premium sites. I was wondering when it was going to make its way here.

Its not much of a rumor, as it is mostly fact at this point. If you follow recruting very closely, a couple comments from our recruits gave it away. Cethan Carter mentioned having dinner with Bo Pelini and Barney Cotton at their home. Then Greg Hart mentioned he was talking with Cotton, during his last few weeks leading up to signing day. This morning in a premium article Greg Hart said Cotton is going to be my TE coach, he thinks.

Sounds like some other things will be changing as well. I would imagine there is going to be a whole new recruiting department because of the rule changes in recruiting. How they are going to do that or who they are going to have running that department is yet to be seen. They could move Els to this postion and hire another LB coach, but thats just speculation on my part.

Either way Cotton got a demotion. It really makes me question why he is still on the staff. Its basically an admission that he wasnt doing a good enough job on the line. I just dont understand why they let Marrow go when they could have let Cotton go, or have Cotton over see the new recruiting department, and we could have kept our TE coach who was proved to have some decent connections in Ohio. Also lots of rumors that Beck didnt want Cotton coaching the oline anymore, and this is a way to keep Cotton and keep Beck happy, again rumors and speculation on that, but Cotton is our new TE coach.

It will be interesting to see what other changes come of these new rules.

• Fire 2

I just dont understand why they let Marrow go when they could have let Cotton go, or have Cotton over see the new recruiting department, and we could have kept our TE coach who was proved to have some decent connections in Ohio.

Now or later, Marrow's character would have surfaced.

• Fire 1