Dozens of '14 offers already?

I really, truely believe this is going to be a breakout year for Nebraska recruiting. This year we'll see the big impact of having Terry Joseph on the staff, Rich Fisher has been killing it, Garrison and Kaz doing work on both lines, and oh yeah, our two coordinators have been widely considered as two of the best recruiters on the staff since they got here. Add that with the 2013 season potentially being very good for the Huskers, and I'm feeling that the 2014 class is going to be very good.

• Fire 2
I really, truely believe this is going to be a breakout year for Nebraska recruiting. This year we'll see the big impact of having Terry Joseph on the staff, Rich Fisher has been killing it, Garrison and Kaz doing work on both lines, and oh yeah, our two coordinators have been widely considered as two of the best recruiters on the staff since they got here. Add that with the 2013 season potentially being very good for the Huskers, and I'm feeling that the 2014 class is going to be very good.

They seem to know the game. Recruiting starts earlier now as the number of early commits grows. Huskers have been showing a great game plan with the smaller but elite Junior Day (plus BRW). These coaches get at recruiting hard, boasting an elite recruiting class that expands coast-to-coast this year (blowing up their budget from last year). 2014 recruiting could be just as great.

They seem to know the game. Recruiting starts earlier now as the number of early commits grows. Huskers have been showing a great game plan with the smaller but elite Junior Day (plus BRW). These coaches get at recruiting hard, boasting an elite recruiting class that expands coast-to-coast this year (blowing up their budget from last year). 2014 recruiting could be just as great.

I said this a few weeks ago. The last few years, NU has had a serious infusion of talent, there is momentum in that infusion and we are definitely developing ace recruiters. Inexperience might be our only downside when it comes to our staff, but their youth is paying dividends with recruiting. Lets be real, guys like Stanton, Taylor, Maurice, Love, Dixon, Mixon, Collins, Kondolo, Suttles, and Johnson couldve been ranked much higher in the recruiting world then all of the sudden instead of 10 on scout, we're 5 or 6. Instead of 17 on Rivals we would be 10-12. Coaches, including Bo, are starting to really come into their own in recruiting and I only see it going up.

We always cast a wide net. We have to with little local talent. Nothing shady or "ole miss" about lots of offers. Accepting too many commits would be, but that's another topic.

But this night be a discussion to have withint the same toic. I feel like others we have some great momentum with recruiting. What happenes when we get a bunch of commits and we still have plenty of offers out there and then we start saying no to players that we had originally wanted? Is it ok to start pulling offers based on the fact we have already received commits from others at that position? Would we ever accept a commit only to recind it because another player, someone we feel is better, commits?

Or hell, do these things already occur?

We always cast a wide net. We have to with little local talent. Nothing shady or "ole miss" about lots of offers. Accepting too many commits would be, but that's another topic.

But this night be a discussion to have withint the same toic. I feel like others we have some great momentum with recruiting. What happenes when we get a bunch of commits and we still have plenty of offers out there and then we start saying no to players that we had originally wanted? Is it ok to start pulling offers based on the fact we have already received commits from others at that position? Would we ever accept a commit only to recind it because another player, someone we feel is better, commits?

I bet they probably do. When we get committs and reach our limit, I'm sure the others understand how the game is played and that they shouldve committed earlier. Regardless, we win, becuase we know we're getting the ones that want to be here.

OSU handles this by offering noncommitable offers. Once it is clear what their top targets are leaning to, they change it from noncommitable to commitable. If they offer a commitable and a prospect commits they don't want commitment just yet, they ask the prospect to hold off yet (I don't know how they word in on the phone for those situations, but that is the big picture of how it goes down).

OSU handles this by offering noncommitable offers. Once it is clear what their top targets are leaning to, they change it from noncommitable to commitable. If they offer a commitable and a prospect commits they don't want commitment just yet, they ask the prospect to hold off yet (I don't know how they word in on the phone for those situations, but that is the big picture of how it goes down).

Then it is not an "offer." They can call it whatever they want, but "offer" is not the right word.