So why is it so hard to believe God is.....

Evil comes into play because the vast majority of all humans ever born on this planet had no exposure to your so called savior. No chance, no choice, no option. Just to burn. Put where they were by this being, knowing full well that they would never be exposed to the 'only' way not to be tortured for all eternity. That would qualify for evil and sadistic in my book.

I also find it incredibly ironic that many of the same people who can’t stand Christians spouting off Christ’s message are the very same ones who are concerned with the people in China and Africa who did not get a chance to hear Christ’s message.

But it is a great question. Something I’ve wondered about myself. I’m not sure anyone really knows the answer. (Although John 21:21-22 does shed *some* light.)

It comes from being raised going to church and all the classes, and asking others the questions I asked myself. Often questions that people don't think about (after all China is a long way away and just a bunch of evil commies afterall right?) There was a time in my life I would have identified myself as a Christian. I know the circle jerk logic, and try to point out the holes and inconsistencies when I can,

And you've done a stellar job up to this point

:sarcasm

I believe in spirituality, I believe in myself, and I have a moral compass, but I don't need some dude who got nailed to a cross to save me, I can do that myself, just fine..

Actually... No..... No you can't.

Why not?

cooperwait.gif

You should probably change your name to Waitsalongtime.

I guess so, I asked a question, that has yet still to be answered...

why would god create man weak and sinful and then demand that we spend our lives praying for strength and forgiveness? it just seems a little mean, petty, and insecure to me. but that is just my two cents. and i am not a big fan of prayer. i remember when my dad had to have open heart surgery and my mom implored me to pray for him. i just thought, if the outcome of my dad's health is predicated on whether or not i pray, that is not a god i want to believe in.

jesus promised the end of all wicked people, odin promised the end of all ice giants. i do not see many ice giants around. just saying.

Why not?

Sorry, I just am not exactly sure how to word a response to that. Belief in Christ promises salvation - being saved and brought to Heaven. You can't do that on your own.

So I can't do it, because I don't have the same belief system as you?

I'm going to put this succinctly, thats f'ing stupid...

*edit* so those of us Lakota, that don't believe in god, are going to hell because we're heathens? The bolded statement would make anyone sound like a first class a-hole...

Why not?

Sorry, I just am not exactly sure how to word a response to that. Belief in Christ promises salvation - being saved and brought to Heaven. You can't do that on your own.

The whole 'save me from myself' line of horse crap. Original Sin and all that BS. Sheep. Somehow Christians are the only people who actually like being called sheep. There is a reason the first lesson the Bible teaches is how knowledge and thinking for yourself is bad. Which really should invalidate the whole thing to someone who is going to critically think about it.

• Fire 5

Why not?

jesus did.

Exactly. Hence, you can't save yourself.

Why not?

The whole 'save me from myself' line of horse crap. Original Sin and all that BS. Sheep. Somehow Christians are the only people who actually like being called sheep. There is a reason the first lesson the Bible teaches is how knowledge and thinking for yourself is bad. Which really should invalidate the whole thing to someone who is going to critically think about it.

Once again, concrete logic from you, sir. :clap

Why not?

jesus did.

Exactly. Hence, you can't save yourself.

OhevOaJ.png

qm.gif

• Fire 3