So why is it so hard to believe God is.....

Notice that almost every single one of those passages were Jesus talking. I, as a mortal average human being, don't feel as if I have the right to make judgment calls on whether or not a person will be allowed to enter Heaven.

Don't be afraid to relate what Christ taught you.

Ephesians 6

19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Do you mean evil as in Him wanting to see us in pain and hurting while He watches us like a kid torturing flies? Or do you mean Him standing by while we make decisions that will negatively affect us?

A lot of people think God is all loving and he can do no wrong but throughout the entire old testament whenever Israel turned away he would bring disaster and ruin to Israel. He even let other nations invade Israel to take over the nation to show them not to turn away. Now you hear it doesn't matter what you do and what you believe that God always cares no matter what. But then that defeats the purpose of religion because you essentially don't have to care or worship God to get any kind of favors from him. That he does it because he loves you no matter what.

I'm with Bishop Marcion, the god of the Old Testament is not worth worshiping.

By my accounting, there is a significant difference between allowing free will and evil to occur in the world and causing or committing evil actions. I sure don't have all, or even many, of the answers for why God allows bad things to happen to good people but I do believe it is inaccurate and false to jump to the conclusion that God causes these bad things to happen (commits evil) simply because he does not prohibit evil even though he could. I guess there are just some things we weren't meant to fully understand. I can understand how some people can think he may not be a loving God but I also think I understand just enough to realize those people have got it all figured wrong.

If you believe in reincarnation and that each life here serves to teach us a lesson, then it all starts to make some sense.

The "one and done" model of life makes no sense in so many ways.

As in Him standing there and watching someone in your family get killed by a drunk driver.

That is one of the ways.

So, making snarky comments in response to Strigori and myself isn't you being on your religious high horse, but proving a point that since we're not like minded like you, we are wrong? Ok, so you're not here to judge, but I can't save myself because a book told you so? It is a cop out, because you still haven't answered my question, and you're dancing around it like subhusker would have.

Hahaha!!!

If I'm a Native American, who doesn't have the same system of beliefs or believe in god, am I soulless heathen, that is going to burn in hell? If you can't answer the question, then do you question your own faith, or lack the ability to answer tough questions?

To be honest, we probably share many common beliefs... as long as we don't talk politics.

If I'm a Native American, who doesn't have the same system of beliefs or believe in god, am I soulless heathen, that is going to burn in hell? If you can't answer the question, then do you question your own faith, or lack the ability to answer tough questions?

I can't make it more simply than that...

Just don't pull a sub husker and answer it with a different question, or just say, it's not up to you, because that is wussing out...

This is not wussing out. I'm giving you the same exact answer as I gave you before:

That is not my decision or judgment to make. If you don't like that answer, then too bad. But I'm not going to be the douchebag that tries to sentence people to either Heaven or hell because it's not my room to speak.

A) It's wussing out

B) Don't go telling people that they can't be saved because they don't share your beliefs. You can't tell people that they can't do something then turn around and not make a decision. That's really weak...

I have no idea why this question is so hard to answer. It's pretty easy to find the answer, and anyone who professes to be Christian should know this by heart.

The answer to your question, walks, is that you are going to hell. If you don't believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and you do not accept him as your lord and savior, you are going to hell.

Knapp, once again, even though we may disagree on multiple things, I do appreciate your refreshing honesty...

I kinda knew I was going to hell, anyways. The kicker was when I almost beat the sh#t out of a catholic priest...

I have no idea why this question is so hard to answer. It's pretty easy to find the answer, and anyone who professes to be Christian should know this by heart.

The answer to your question, walks, is that you are going to hell. If you don't believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and you do not accept him as your lord and savior, you are going to hell.

Knapp, once again, even though we may disagree on multiple things, I do appreciate your refreshing honesty...

I kinda knew I was going to hell, anyways. The kicker was when I almost beat the sh#t out of a catholic priest...

Everyone can be saved. The only unforgivable sin, is to deny God as your savior in the eleventh hour.

There are those who cannot be saved though. People who have committed unspeakable acts against God and humanity will most likely burn.

These are discussion I do not like to get in to. It's a no win situation.

I would not push my beliefs on anyone. Nor would I expect someone else to push their beliefs on me.

I can't make it more simply than that...

Just don't pull a sub husker and answer it with a different question, or just say, it's not up to you, because that is wussing out...

This is not wussing out. I'm giving you the same exact answer as I gave you before:

That is not my decision or judgment to make. If you don't like that answer, then too bad. But I'm not going to be the douchebag that tries to sentence people to either Heaven or hell because it's not my room to speak.

A) It's wussing out

B) Don't go telling people that they can't be saved because they don't share your beliefs. You can't tell people that they can't do something then turn around and not make a decision. That's really weak...

Whatever man... It's one of those situations where if I were to tell you "Yes, you're going to hell, you heathen, devil-worshipping SOB" then you would call me a douchebag self-righteous typical Christian. And if I said, "No, I think you should go to Heaven" then you would bash me for not following the teachings of the Bible. And when I say what I just said, it's a cop-out. There's no satisfying you types of people. And when I say you types of people, I mean atheists, who will use anything available to try and put down Christianity, even if it's not legitimate. Which pretty much sums up this thread and every other religion thread I have ever seen on this board.

• Fire 1

Whatever man... It's one of those situations where if I were to tell you "Yes, you're going to hell, you heathen, devil-worshipping SOB" then you would call me a douchebag self-righteous typical Christian. And if I said, "No, I think you should go to Heaven" then you would bash me for not following the teachings of the Bible. And when I say what I just said, it's a cop-out. There's no satisfying you types of people. And when I say you types of people, I mean atheists, who will use anything available to try and put down Christianity, even if it's not legitimate. Which pretty much sums up this thread and every other religion thread I have ever seen on this board.

Then don't pass judgement on people if you're not going to take a stance in what you believe in...

Here endeth the lesson...

Then don't pass judgement on people if you're not going to take a stance in what you believe in...

Wat da faq... You sound ridiculous. Passing judgment is exactly what you tried to make me do but I didn't. So pretty much whatever at this point.

Wat da faq... You sound ridiculous. Passing judgment is exactly what you tried to make me do but I didn't. So pretty much whatever at this point.

You said I couldn't save myself, and why is that?

I already answered that question. Just let it go.

I already answered that question. Just let it go.

No you didn't...

I can't save myself because I don't believe in god. If you're going to believe in something, man up, and stick to it...