Big picture program expectations

HANC

Anyone see us making the third tier post season tourney(CBI) with another win or two? We could use the extra game or two.

Tim Miles already stated that if we were invited we would not accept it. No B1G has ever played in it, and he said we would not be the first team to do that.

Interesting. That's not what it sounded like on the post game radio show saturday. He said the guys really REALLY wanna play in some post seaason game(s), and beins we probably have no chance at the NIT (unless we get super hot-which may be what he meant) I was assuming CBI. I understand the lack of interest in it as well. i wouldnt really want to partake in a consolation of the consolation.

Anyone see us making the third tier post season tourney(CBI) with another win or two? We could use the extra game or two.

Tim Miles already stated that if we were invited we would not accept it. No B1G has ever played in it, and he said we would not be the first team to do that.

Interesting. That's not what it sounded like on the post game radio show saturday. He said the guys really REALLY wanna play in some post seaason game(s), and beins we probably have no chance at the NIT (unless we get super hot-which may be what he meant) I was assuming CBI. I understand the lack of interest in it as well. i wouldnt really want to partake in a consolation of the consolation.

NU has an RPI in the 90's so they are on the bubble for the NIT assuming they select a team with a losing record for first time since they tweeked the process a few years ago. There's is no rule excluding teams with losing records.

I hope we give this coach some time. If he can recruit, and I hear he can, than maybe a couple of years, before we can start some post season tourneys. Even if its the NIT, that will be a good start, to get the brand out there. Bob D kind of made us forget about BB, with his success. We did have NCAA type teams in the 60's, but the rule that only Conference champs

[Kansas] could participate, really hurt. Tom B and Stu L and company, could have made deep runs in the tourney, and brought a lot of attention to the program. They were that good.

I would like to see us in the top half year in and year out of the B1G, and at least have a chance of an invite, to the big dance, most years.

GBR!!!

Hmm, those are names that I have not heard for long time. Tom Baack and Stuart Lantz. I sometimes wonder about some of the guy’s names I always heard back in the day. Chuck Jura, Leroy Chalk, Jerry Fort, Marvin Stewart, Nate Branch and Tom Scantlebury. OK, now I am aging myself.

Jerry Fort, that was the other name that I couldn't remember. Wasn't he the center on the Ton B and Stu L teams?

GBR!!!

No, he was a prolific scoring guard. Once pumped in something like 43 or 44 in a game............

Your right. Another name I can't remember, is the player that beat Mich or Mich st with the last second no look shot over his head, from the free throw line. One of them was number one I think, at the time. Do you remember. He was supposed to be our JoJo White, that was at Kansas at the time.

GBR!!

NIT isnt as high of a dream as we once thought.

If we can win two more BIG games and finish 6-12 in the conference... 15-16 overall and win one conference tourney game.. i think we make it.

lets just say... we finish 6-12 and we get a win over Iowa and WISC(just play a long)

lets say Iowa beats purdue and then loses its next 4(PUR, IND, IL, NE)-- they finish with 6-12

Purdue finishes 1-3, Mich, WIS, MN)-- Finish 6-12

NW- finishes 1-2(Beats PSU loses MSU and OSU) finishes 5-13

Not sure with tiebreaker, but assume it is head to head so we would be ahead of Iowa

puts us at 9th. we would play the 8 seed-- Purdue.

We win that game and get Indiana.

We lose that.

WHO KNOWS!

Yep, this is what I thought coach Miles was hinting at too. Kids want to keep playing!

I hope we give this coach some time. If he can recruit, and I hear he can, than maybe a couple of years, before we can start some post season tourneys. Even if its the NIT, that will be a good start, to get the brand out there. Bob D kind of made us forget about BB, with his success. We did have NCAA type teams in the 60's, but the rule that only Conference champs

[Kansas] could participate, really hurt. Tom B and Stu L and company, could have made deep runs in the tourney, and brought a lot of attention to the program. They were that good.

I would like to see us in the top half year in and year out of the B1G, and at least have a chance of an invite, to the big dance, most years.

GBR!!!

Hmm, those are names that I have not heard for long time. Tom Baack and Stuart Lantz. I sometimes wonder about some of the guy’s names I always heard back in the day. Chuck Jura, Leroy Chalk, Jerry Fort, Marvin Stewart, Nate Branch and Tom Scantlebury. OK, now I am aging myself.

Jerry Fort, that was the other name that I couldn't remember. Wasn't he the center on the Ton B and Stu L teams?

GBR!!!

This was already answered so I will not add anything other than those were the days (life) just seemed simpler and the radio was the only way to know what was going on in a game unless you were in attendance!