***Official Weather Thread***

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

@TGHusker and anyone else in the risk area. Stay safe today.

Thanks - Growing up on a farm makes one a weatherman.  Living in Okla makes you a PHD weatherman.   Thanks for your thoughts Knapp.

Days like this makes me wonder why we live in OK.  The reason now - our son and his family.  We may have to start spending our spring seasons in Asheville, NC were our other son lives - much quieter storm season.  

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here's the track of the twister that destroyed Garner Industries, between Lincoln & Waverly.

SCVV2HZ.jpg

And here's dashcam footage of Garner being hit. 

This is the Dollar General Warehouse in south central OK that got hit by a F4 - I believe a day after the tornados in the Lincoln, Omaha area.

Dollar Tree Warehouse Decimated In Tornado Outbreak

This is about 40 miles from where we live.  Barnsdall - small down of about 1000.     Preliminary a F3 at one point 1.5 miles wide.   We've driven through it many times on our way to the Pioneer Woman 'stuff' in Pawhuska.  

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What exactly would we be able to see if we get out in the open space and look North?  Though it looks like we might be too far south to truly appreciate whatever it is we could see.

I slept terribly last night, so I just popped out on my deck at 4am to see what I could see. It was a bit thin and wispy, but it was definitely there. Pretty cool.

These are some pics from a weather buff in Columbus, about an hour north of here.

GNSdYWeXoAAf15p?format=jpg&name=orig

GNSdYWbWAAA54Iy?format=jpg&name=orig

GNSdYWdWgAAx2B9?format=jpg&name=orig

GNSdYWdWoAAiys2?format=jpg&name=orig

• Worth a Look 1
50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Disappointed. I woke up at 3:00am and stepped out on the deck. Couldn’t see anything. 

i didn't see the aurora with my eyes...but the phone camera set on night pictures was able to get a fairly good picture.   not as good as those that knap posted but still showed it pretty well.