Preferred B1G Target?

Kiyoat Husker

Preferred Expansion Targets?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting that there are a lot of votes for the Seminoles, but no chatter.

They seem to bring a lot to the table too:

Portal to Florida/Southern recruits and markets (hurts SEC)

Crippling blow to ACC

Excellent athletics

I think the major questions are academics and geography.

FSU may not be AAU, but they are no Texas Tech, either.

What are the pros/cons i am missing on FSU?

I voted Kansas....

We have strong football tradition in the B1G and the basketball tradition, as strong as it is, would be that much better and that much more tempting for UNC to join up. As for Texa$$, I'd hang my head in shame if they were invited. We know how quickly they destroy conferences. (Don't forget, Arkansas left the southwest conference to rid themselves of the horns arrogance, aTm left smiling with their media boasting how destructive Texa$$ is as a conference member and we husker fans know first hand the horrors that exist when aligned with the horns.)

As for Florida St or Miami, as much as I like FSU and their tradition, I just don't see the draw. Miami is a huge risk as they seemingly refuse to play by the rules and are constantly being investigated for one thing or another. Notre Dame will "never" join the B1G and until the ncaa steps in and corrects the recruiting issues currently allowing the SEC to flourish it simply doesn't make sense to push further south then say Ga Tech or UNC.

So... I voted Kansas, hoping to boost the basketball tradition even more and provide a very competitive basketball venue for other prospective schools such as UNC.

Well, the poll has been up for about a week, and the voting seems to have leveled off, so here how things look:

Kansas 15 votes surprised that many on this board agree with me on this one. Even in an unscientific poll with small sample size, this maybe shows a Husker preference.

Florida State 14 votes seems that many in the B1G outside of Nebraska are high on Texas. Maybe this is the Husker version of what TX represents as an expansion target. We also have a little MNC history here.

North Carolina 13 votes most popular here among the more likely targets

Notre Dame 9 votes this one surprises me. Thought it would be higher, but maybe people have just resigned themselves to the fact that ND has spurned the B1G

Virginia 7 votes hopefully will be the next chess piece?... Very high academic get, and strengthens the DC market ($$$)

Texas 7 votes like a bad penny...

GA Tech 6 votes we might warm up to them more if the likelihood of them joining increases?

nobody 5 votes

Missouri 2 votes one of these votes was an "automatic" one when the poll started. Ouch. I wonder why we are not excited about them as a target. Close recruiting areas that we have exploited in the past... would be an embarrassment for the SEC to lose out to the B1G. Also Missouri is a better cultural and geographic match to us. I did hate that Chase Daniels, though.