Collier fired by end of the season

Huskers played like a poor Class D2 girls HS JV team (no disrespect to the girls)...poor shooting...turnovers...outplayed...outcoached...no intensity...no heart.

Collier vs Creighton...1 win 6 losses

Nee vs. Creighton...4 wins 2 losses

How many post-season tournaments for Barry????

Now why did we get rid of Nee again????

Largest attendance in a college basketball game...statewide TV...and the Collier and the Huskers embarrassed themselves....there will be some who will get excited as we should win the remaining four home games (Chicago State, NC A&T, Ala A&M, and NColorado) and be 10-3 at worse going into conference but does anyone really believe they will be successful in the Big XII ????

Collier would not even appear at his postgame radio show...perhaps he should stay away from basketball period...nice guy but in way...way...way over his head...pull the plug...send him packing.

The sad thing is that Creighton didn't even play a great game. They played pretty bad in the first half as well. Shot 28% from the field. They were jumpstarted by their defense for this one though. I would look for Pederson to come knocking on Altman's door this April.

Dec. 17, 2005 Chicago St. 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 19, 2005 NC A&T (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 21, 2005 Alabama A&M 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 31, 2005 at Florida State4 (FSN) 12:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 3, 2006 N. Colo 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Jan. 7, 2006 Oklahoma (ESPN+) 12:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 11, 2006 at Kansas State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 17, 2006 Iowa State (FSN) 6:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 21, 2006 at Kansas (ESPN) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 25, 2006 at Colorado (FSN) 8:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 28, 2006 Missouri (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 31, 2006 at OK State (ESPN+) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 4, 2006 Baylor (ESPN+) 8:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 8, 2006 Kansas (FSN) 6:30 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 11, 2006 at Texas (ESPN) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 15, 2006 at Iowa State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 18, 2006 Texas Tech (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 22, 2006 Colorado 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 25, 2006 at Texas A&M (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Mar. 1, 2006 Kansas State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Mar. 5, 2006 at Missouri (ESPN+) 1:00 pm CT (Win)

Final Season record prediction: 13-18

I think we'll beat KSU and Baylor, other than that I agree. The only thing that can save Collier (IMHO) is a good Big 12 season/good showing in the conference tourny. A trip to the dance would definitely secure him for a while, although after the Creighton game that seems to be a little ways off.

Collier might in fact have to win a game in the tournament this year to keep his job.  All I know is that he got paid pretty significant money to come to NU and it seems it was his mission statement to turn NU into a mid-major.  I truly think NU could play like a real D-1 team and not have to resort to slow plodding half court style that chokes people down.

Heyy... some mid-major schools may take offense to that. Indiana State and Northern Iowa both showed the "Big Boys" they're just as good. Not to mention the Funkless-Jays bludgeoning today.

Only in a mid major's mind winning one game against one team makes them "just as good" So University of Santa Clara is just as good as the University of Arizona and all of the Pac 10 and national champs becuase they beat them once?

I"ll but any given sunday but it DOES NOT give them equal standing ground. NEbraska has every right to expect more than one tournament win to constitute a legendary season.

• 1 month later...

It did take balls for collier to do that. I am glad he did. It looks like it may have lit a fire under our team. We needed intensity, and it sounded like joe's attitude was just draggin us down. If he apologizes and conformes to team rules, then let him on, but it's coach's decision.

Time will tell if collier should be fired. There is a lot of season left, and we shouldn't hang him out to dry yet if he can manage to make something of the season. I hate jumping to fire coach's.

Time will tell if collier should be fired.  There is a lot of season left, and we shouldn't hang him out to dry yet if he can manage to make something of the season.  I hate jumping to fire coach's.

I'm sorry, the guys had 6 years to improve the team. That should be more than enough time to have the team at LEAST in the top half of the league. I don't care if he wins the Big XII, enough is enough. The programs been in a constant decline. Cut ties now and we could get a chance to get a quality coach like Bob Huggins. Hell, I'd even take Pat Summit over Collier. dedhoarse

As of today we are 4-3 in the big 12 and 14-6 overall. If that pace keeps up Collier will not be fired - I don't think. However, does anyone know anything about the UNI coach, McDermott, I think? He's done very well at Wayne State and then UNI and I think he would be a great candidate in the future at Nebraska when or if Collier is gone.