Collier fired by end of the season

we are on a 2 game win streak in the big XII with our next two games being at home...baylor (should be a win) and kansas (rematch, when I think he seek revenge in a close game)

if we win those two we are the hottest team in the big 12...and then collier has a lot more breathing room as well.

we would still have possibly OU, Texas, and Colorado above us even with 2 wins, but we will still be in great position with 2 wins but im not sure over Kansas, just gotta hope for a closer game!

and Baylor is picking up peace with losing to A&M only by 2 and beating K state today, so that wont come easy either!

I think Collier is slowly becoming the Steve Lavin of the NEbraska program. Every year at UCLA Lavin would just look terrible for stretches, then get hot enough in the tourny or make the sweet 16 in March and make it impossible to fire him. NU basketball isn't anywhere near UCLA's, but every COllier seems to just do enough to survuve. If he makes the NCAA's this year, he's safe. But, a bad conf. tourny exit and a trip to the NIT is it for him. And it should be.

I think Collier is slowly becoming the Steve Lavin of the NEbraska program. Every year at UCLA Lavin would just look terrible for stretches, then get hot enough in the tourny or make the sweet 16 in March and make it impossible to fire him. NU basketball isn't anywhere near UCLA's, but every COllier seems to just do enough to survuve. If he makes the NCAA's this year, he's safe. But, a bad conf. tourny exit and a trip to the NIT is it for him. And it should be.

What your saying about Steve Lavin is true but the one thing he was able to do was recruit those kids that Ariz, Duke, Kan, N.C, ect wanted. Collier can't get that kind of player to want to come to Neb. Granted UCLA is a lot easier to recruit players to. If you can't even keep your own in state high school players from leaving [ the kid that went to Texas from our own back yard] I think that hes not going to be able turn the program around. We have just as good of fans as any school in the nation but they need to see some thing to get excited about. They would pack the center to the rafters if the team can just compete on a regular basis. The fan base is there and no one has fans like Nebraska's.

GBR!!!

Dec. 17, 2005 Chicago St. 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 19, 2005 NC A&T (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 21, 2005 Alabama A&M 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Dec. 31, 2005 at Florida State4 (FSN) 12:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 3, 2006 N. Colo 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Jan. 7, 2006 Oklahoma (ESPN+) 12:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 11, 2006 at Kansas State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 17, 2006 Iowa State (FSN) 6:30 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 21, 2006 at Kansas (ESPN) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 25, 2006 at Colorado (FSN) 8:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 28, 2006 Missouri (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Jan. 31, 2006 at OK State (ESPN+) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 4, 2006 Baylor (ESPN+) 8:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 8, 2006 Kansas (FSN) 6:30 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 11, 2006 at Texas (ESPN) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 15, 2006 at Iowa State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 18, 2006 Texas Tech (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 22, 2006 Colorado 7:00 pm CT (Loss)

Feb. 25, 2006 at Texas A&M (ESPN+) 3:00 pm CT (Loss)

Mar. 1, 2006 Kansas State (FSN) 7:00 pm CT (Win)

Mar. 5, 2006 at Missouri (ESPN+) 1:00 pm CT (Win)

Final Season record prediction: 13-18

Nice picks so far :thumbs

Drink up the keep Barry koolaid if you want to but...

Wins against what are the worst Mizzou and Okie State teams for years (almost decades) and a Baylor team that rarely makes .500 on a good year much less the disarray with not having a nonconference schedule do not make a powerhouse...

Collier had 6 years to build a program and this is the best he can do????

He cannot recruit and keep the best players in Nebraska much less bring in difference makers nationwide...name one player that will play for pay in the NBA...has some of the players gotten any better since they came to Nebraska???

Fire Collier and his staff and the director of basketball operations and hire someone to come in to recruit and play an exciting brand of basketball....tonight's game was so boring the announcers had to repeat the number of international players in college basketball who knows how many times...at least Maric provided a good laugh when he cot his dunk attempt BLOCKED and ball BOUNCED OFF HIS HEAD out of bounds...haven't had that good of laugh since Richard Van Poelgeest used to stumble around the Devaney...nice job mate!!

...at least Maric provided a good laugh when he cot his dunk attempt BLOCKED and ball BOUNCED OFF HIS HEAD out of bounds...haven't had that good of laugh since Richard Van Poelgeest used to stumble around the Devaney...nice job mate!!

:rollin

A Van Poelgeest reference....classic

I remember seeing this guy ride his bike around campus.... It was like a Pee Wee Herman bike....funny stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question, but does Nebraska basketball suffer from the same fate as Kansas & Indiana football? In other words, is the general fan base so in love with football (basketball at Kansas & Indiana) that is is almost impossible for basketball (football at Kansas & Indiana) to ever be successful on a consistent basis?

To me, the argument is almost ridiculous in that the football program is bringing in the money for some top-notch facilities. Thus, this should only help make basketball successful. You only have to look as far as the baseball program to notice this fact. Also, several schools (e.g. Texas & Oklahoma) have consistent success in both sports.

The only truism from this argument could be recruiting. That is, when whoever the coach is goes out to recruit top-notch basketball talent, they ask "why would I want to go to a football school?". This doesn't hinder baseball nearly as much as no school that I am aware of is looked at as a baseball school. Probably has to do with the fact that most of the top-notch baseball talent can go directly to the pro's from high school.

Those schools who have success in both sports, in my mind, have a tradition of being successful in both sports.

Can anyone name a school that has been traditionally known for either basketball or football and a doormat in the other revenue-generating sport elevate their doormat program to have consistent success?