Collier fired by end of the season

Collier might in fact have to win a game in the tournament this year to keep his job. All I know is that he got paid pretty significant money to come to NU and it seems it was his mission statement to turn NU into a mid-major. I truly think NU could play like a real D-1 team and not have to resort to slow plodding half court style that chokes people down.

I agree he has had plenty of time to get this program headed in the right direction. I watched the Houston/ Arizona game last week and saw that Houston hired Tom Pender last year and in his second year he already has that team turned around. If a coach is good he will show improvement each year. I haven't seen that at Nebraska so far. Lets hope with this recruiting class they start showing that improvement. Texas, Okla are football schools and look at them....

GBR!!!

I agree he has had plenty of time to get this program headed in the right direction. I watched the Houston/ Arizona game last week and saw that Houston hired Tom Pender last year and in his second year he already  has that team turned around. If a coach is good he will show improvement each year. I haven't seen that at Nebraska so far. Lets hope with this recruiting class they start showing that improvement. Texas, Okla are football schools and look at them....

GBR!!!

Good point about Pender. Collier has been here TOOOOO long to have the type of seasons he had. There's no reason why NU can't do what Texas and Oklahoma are doing. To those saying you can't be succesful in both football and basketball, that's just a flat out excuse. NU has 2 succesful sports (football and volleyball) that bring in more money then all the other sports combined. It's ironic that the volleyball team is more succesful then basketball.

We had 14,000+ fans at a 15,900 seat Qwest center last night to watch a volleyball game. There were only 1200 seats left for tonight's regional final matchup and when i went and got tickets this morning, there were at least 300 people in line waiting for tickets, the Qwest center will be sold out by tonight. There's no reason we can't sell out the basketball games (both men and women) if we can get that for VOLLEYBALL.

Oh well, hes a good recruiter :wacko:

Actually didn't they bring in Spinelli(sp) because Collier wasn't recruiting Big 12 talent? Collier is a mid level coach that got a program in a major conference. If he doesn't win a Big 12 tourney game this year it may be time to part ways. He is a stand up guy but he has had his time. There is no reason why NU shouldn't compete for a tourney bid every year. Bring back Danny Nee.

Collier might in fact have to win a game in the tournament this year to keep his job. All I know is that he got paid pretty significant money to come to NU and it seems it was his mission statement to turn NU into a mid-major. I truly think NU could play like a real D-1 team and not have to resort to slow plodding half court style that chokes people down.

Heyy... some mid-major schools may take offense to that. Indiana State and Northern Iowa both showed the "Big Boys" they're just as good. Not to mention the Funkless-Jays bludgeoning today.

Collier might in fact have to win a game in the tournament this year to keep his job.  All I know is that he got paid pretty significant money to come to NU and it seems it was his mission statement to turn NU into a mid-major.  I truly think NU could play like a real D-1 team and not have to resort to slow plodding half court style that chokes people down.

Heyy... some mid-major schools may take offense to that. Indiana State and Northern Iowa both showed the "Big Boys" they're just as good. Not to mention the Funkless-Jays bludgeoning today.

Don't care if Creighton takes offense to it or not. Collier has had 6 years and is 76-79 during the span without a NCAA apperance and is 1-6 against the Jays. What's worse is the fact he was laughing on the sideline when we were down. What the hell kinda response is that????? Does he think losing to Creighton is funny?

This guy needs to be fired. Enough is enough