Spring Practice Updates

Rumbles on the Rivals board that Ameer got hurt. I hope that's either bunk, or nothing season-threatening.

Sounds like he got an ankle rolled on. Most likely will sit out the rest of spring ball. I"m sure an official word will come out at the next practice. Good time to get the other running backs some reps, especially Cross with the firs string. Good time to get the timing down.

Cool, thanks for the update. Sounds like it's nothing to worry about.

That's just what the chatter is, but I would hold off until an official word to know the details. You can never fully trust Internet posts since it isn't a release from a medical professional.

6-8 weeks from the sounds of it.

Rumbles on the Rivals board that Ameer got hurt. I hope that's either bunk, or nothing season-threatening.

Sounds like he got an ankle rolled on. Most likely will sit out the rest of spring ball. I"m sure an official word will come out at the next practice. Good time to get the other running backs some reps, especially Cross with the firs string. Good time to get the timing down.

i'm still curious as to the other injury that some people speak about.

Coach speak, tomorrow they will be the greatest team he has ever coached, the best defense he has ever been around. That is just Bo and about every other coach in the world. Attention grab for the team. Means absolutely nothing. Gobble gobble this crap up every year, every spring and every fall. Same at Bama, Colorado or Oregon.

Bo's never blown up his team like that in front of the media before.

Coach speak, tomorrow they will be the greatest team he has ever coached, the best defense he has ever been around. That is just Bo and about every other coach in the world. Attention grab for the team. Means absolutely nothing. Gobble gobble this crap up every year, every spring and every fall. Same at Bama, Colorado or Oregon.

i wouldnt say that. I remember a few years back in fall camp he was asked about a possible depth chart and he flipped out about how bad they practiced and wasnt worried about a depth chart, just getting ready for the first game or some thing.

i wouldnt say that. I remember a few years back in fall camp he was asked about a possible depth chart and he flipped out about how bad they practiced and wasnt worried about a depth chart, just getting ready for the first game or some thing.

It still wasn't as bad as saturday. He basically called the whole team out, and challenged them.

It still wasn't as bad as saturday. He basically called the whole team out, and challenged them.

Ummmm....you do realize it was a "planned" spontaneous disappointed speech. Coaches don't have 20 minute jam sessions like that off the cuff. They were put in a position to fail in order to build them up. Expect to see more of it since the team is young.

Are you referring to Moss?

You need to be more specific for us to know what you are talking about. Are you asking about Mark Pelini that missed the last two practices for being a little banged up? So far there are no serious injuries this spring. I am praying it stays that way. USC had three injuries during their first scrimmage and one of them was their star WR, but he is expected to be back just as Ameer is.

You need to be more specific for us to know what you are talking about. Are you asking about Mark Pelini that missed the last two practices for being a little banged up? So far there are no serious injuries this spring. I am praying it stays that way. USC had three injuries during their first scrimmage and one of them was their star WR, but he is expected to be back just as Ameer is.

There is another injury that will be announced that will be a bit bigger deal. Also I wouldn't jump so quickly to Ameer having a sprained ankle.

I never mentioned a specific type of injury. I'm not one of the baffons posturing a type of injury. I leave that up to info being released from the medical professionals/school/athlete. All I said was the region of the body. Anything short of bone popping out of the skin, or something so bad like the injury to the South Carolina running back last year (you just know it was bad, just not how bad) I don't guess.

I never mentioned a specific type of injury. I'm not one of the baffons posturing a type of injury. I leave that up to info being released from the medical professionals/school/athlete. All I said was the region of the body. Anything short of bone popping out of the skin, or something so bad like the injury to the South Carolina running back last year (you just know it was bad, just not how bad) I don't guess.

Your exact words were "sounds like he got an ankle rolled on" a rolled ankle is more commonly known as a sprained ankle. All I am saying is mixed reviews coming from members of the team/staff/parents on if it is even an ankle and not up the leg a bit. We all know Bo likes to hide info as much as possible.

Your exact words were "sounds like he got an ankle rolled on" a rolled ankle is more commonly known as a sprained ankle. All I am saying is mixed reviews coming from members of the team/staff/parents on if it is even an ankle and not up the leg a bit. We all know Bo likes to hide info as much as possible.

You are making the leap to judgement. Rolled on ankle describes what the people were saying for what occurred I'm not making the leap to judgement for a specific injury. I'm smart enough to know when something like that occurs it can rang from a minor ankle ache to a full blown broken bone or Achilles tear.

You are making the leap to judgement. Rolled on ankle describes what the people were saying for what occurred I'm not making the leap to judgement for a specific injury. I'm smart enough to know when something like that occurs it can rang from a minor ankle ache to a full blown broken bone or Achilles tear.

Again we don't know if it is even his ankle