Spring Practice Updates

It fits in perfectly with the ACT and ability to get recruits to the spring game. No other major program in the B1G has a spring game the same day and only a couple of other big name programs nationally have their spring game the same day. A good number of programs have their spring game on the day of the ACT exam. Since players need to fly here instead of filling up the car of gas and making a 100 to 300 mile drive, they need to time things to get here.

Although I should know this already and am embarrassed to even ask, I never did catch the reason why spring practice is starting so early this year? Can anyone fill me in? Is it what the coaches wanted or something forced on them for some reason?

To have the spring game before the ACT tests, for recruiting. We'll also be the only Big Ten SG on the 6th, so we get the BTN to ourselves.

Although I should know this already and am embarrassed to even ask, I never did catch the reason why spring practice is starting so early this year? Can anyone fill me in? Is it what the coaches wanted or something forced on them for some reason?

Pelini mentioned last year that he liked sandwiching spring practices around spring break because it gives the coaching staff a chance to review practice film during that week off. That way they can see who is making progress and what areas need to be addressed when the players come back for the second half of spring practice.

• Fire 2

As much as last year was sorta an indication, not seeing Seisay's name out there is a dissapointment. Guess we only really hit on the JUCO LBs (Williams, David, possibly Anderson)

The DEs and DBs we've gotten recently haven't helped out a lot. We can't even get DTs to sign on. :(

Surprised that VV isn't on the 1st team list.

That was my biggest surprise as well.

Seemed like mostly the older players go the nod so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Was thinking the same thing, but Curry is with the ones. saunders45 has a valid point though. 1st day of practice. No reason to think this won't change when they put the pads on.

Surprised that VV isn't on the 1st team list.

That was my biggest surprise as well.

Seemed like mostly the older players go the nod so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Was thinking the same thing, but Curry is with the ones. saunders45 has a valid point though. 1st day of practice. No reason to think this won't change when they put the pads on.

Honestly think that once the season starts, it's gonna be Curry one series, VV the next, and on and on...