Spring Practice Updates

So....you were standing there when he was told this?

Time for you to stop believing any and everything that isn't published by Sipple I guess. Especially all recruiting updates. Bo is always spot on with what he says to like injuries. Always 100% honest

Hey...I'm not the one who claims he "knows" something. From you response, I'm taking it that you really don't have first hand knowledge that this happened.

Time for you to stop believing any and everything that isn't published by Sipple I guess. Especially all recruiting updates. Bo is always spot on with what he says to like injuries. Always 100% honest

Hey...I'm not the one who claims he "knows" something. From you response, I'm taking it that you really don't have first hand knowledge that this happened.

Was I in the room when it was said? No, do I know someone who knows Heard? Yes

Was I in the room when it was said? No, do I know someone who knows Heard? Yes

tumblr_mbuoptRGm71rwk25fo1_400.gif

• Fire 2

do I know someone who knows Heard? Yes

There have been a number of people at HuskerBoard over the years who know a player, trainer, coach's best friend, player's girlfriend, etc. who suddenly think they have a true insider's glimpse into the team.

The reality is, there are probably a good dozen members here, right now, who have the same or closer connection to the team. It's best not to presume that *I* am the one with the knowledge. Lots of people "know" what's going on inside the locker room.

Yet another salient point - you know Player X, and he tells you "what's going on" with the team. But you're getting Player X's opinion on the situation, and that opinion is going to be shared or disputed by other players.

Knowing a player doesn't give you insight into any truths. It gives you an idea of one guy's opinion. It's nice that people know guys on the team, but it's important to remember that such relationships aren't unique, and what you learn from that relationship is often subjective.

There have been a number of people at HuskerBoard over the years who know a player, trainer, coach's best friend, player's girlfriend, etc. who suddenly think they have a true insider's glimpse into the team.

The reality is, there are probably a good dozen members here, right now, who have the same or closer connection to the team. It's best not to presume that *I* am the one with the knowledge. Lots of people "know" what's going on inside the locker room.

Yet another salient point - you know Player X, and he tells you "what's going on" with the team. But you're getting Player X's opinion on the situation, and that opinion is going to be shared or disputed by other players.

Knowing a player doesn't give you insight into any truths. It gives you an idea of one guy's opinion. It's nice that people know guys on the team, but it's important to remember that such relationships aren't unique, and what you learn from that relationship is often subjective.

I will trust a players opinion over Sipple any single day of the week. No one here was in the room with Bo behind closed doors on here. The best we can do is get as close as possible. A player who happened to get extensive PT says that is what happened and I will believe that as he would have zero reason to make stuff up. He could of stuck up for the coach that got him on the field but instead said that was what went down.

Someone previously described this best when they said he was most likely promised carries and the flow of the game dictated that he not get them or that the coaches felt Abdullah was hot that game etc.

Just giving a perspective from one of his teammates. I cannot do that from now on if that would be better?

I will trust a players opinion over Sipple any single day of the week. No one here was in the room with Bo behind closed doors on here. The best we can do is get as close as possible. A player who happened to get extensive PT says that is what happened and I will believe that as he would have zero reason to make stuff up. He could of stuck up for the coach that got him on the field but instead said that was what went down.

Someone previously described this best when they said he was most likely promised carries and the flow of the game dictated that he not get them or that the coaches felt Abdullah was hot that game etc.

Just giving a perspective from one of his teammates. I cannot do that from now on if that would be better?

I have no problem with people telling what they are told as long as you understand the bolded and underlined portion of your post. Even if you know a player who knows the player involved, that is at best second hand information that can be skewed.

Coaching and teaching has helped me figure this out. What I say to a player is usually NOT what they hear, they hear a version of what I said. They either hear a version that they like more or that they dislike more.

1. "Coach said if I work hard that I will get more carries! Sweet, this is my year!"

2. "Coach said if I work hard I will get more carries, forget that, I already work hard, he is not giving me a fair shot"

• Fire 2

I have no problem with people telling what they are told as long as you understand the bolded and underlined portion of your post. Even if you know a player who knows the player involved, that is at best second hand information that can be skewed.

And this is different from ANY other information on this board how? Not a single person on this board hangs out with Bo behind closed doors from what I can tell. If the player had told me other things that were sketch I would question anything he says a heckuva lot more. However he was spot on with many other things. As was mentioned before it was most likely a situation where he was told he was getting the rock, the flow of the game changed. This resulted in him not getting the rock.

Coaching and teaching has helped me figure this out. What I say to a player is usually NOT what they hear, they hear a version of what I said. They either hear a version that they like more or that they dislike more.

1. "Coach said if I work hard that I will get more carries! Sweet, this is my year!"

2. "Coach said if I work hard I will get more carries, forget that, I already work hard, he is not giving me a fair shot"

3. Coach told me I was going to get to carry the ball a lot this game and instead decided not to play me. This happened last week too. How can I trust my coach? How do I know what he is saying is true?

We all know Braylon isn't Einstein from all accounts. Is it really best to jerk him around from RB to CB to RB to RB and WR? Holy cow talk about wasting an athlete.

Heard got to a point he felt like he was being fed BS. He gave it his all while here and that is all we can ask of a kid. Best of luck to him regardless of where he goes.

And this is different from ANY other information on this board how? Not a single person on this board hangs out with Bo behind closed doors from what I can tell. If the player had told me other things that were sketch I would question anything he says a heckuva lot more. However he was spot on with many other things. As was mentioned before it was most likely a situation where he was told he was getting the rock, the flow of the game changed. This resulted in him not getting the rock.

Chill out. Nobody is calling you into question. You're simply being reminded that your "source" is not unique, and we've had many, many "insiders" with info whose inside source contradicted other inside sources.

You don't need to argue that you have connections to Braylon Heard. Nobody is claiming you don't, and nobody is claiming you're giving false information - as Heard sees it.

• Fire 1

It isn't any different. The difference is that others aren't acting like their information is all true and nobody should question it.

3. Coach told me I was going to get to carry the ball a lot this game and instead decided not to play me. This happened last week too. How can I trust my coach? How do I know what he is saying is true?

We all know Braylon isn't Einstein from all accounts. Is it really best to jerk him around from RB to CB to RB to RB and WR? Holy cow talk about wasting an athlete.

Heard got to a point he felt like he was being fed BS. He gave it his all while here and that is all we can ask of a kid. Best of luck to him regardless of where he goes.

How do we know this? Seriously. How do we know. I'm not questioning if he did. I'm questioning how we know?

Everything in this thread is speculation. EVERYTHING.

Or a person could take things with a grain of salt. When a person says hey this is what I was told went down. Another poster has no reason to say "yada yada yada" you weren't there you don't know. Does that really make a person want to share any tidbit they get from a player or booster or recruit? Take the info FWIW and leave it at that.

There was actually not a 3rd example, just the two.

I can tell you this, I have NEVER heard a coach say to a player "You WILL get carries this week" Never, I have NEVER heard that from a coach to a player. It probably went like this

"We are looking to get you a lot of carries this week, so be ready to go, if things go well, you are going to get 15 carries"

What you are saying is what the kid said to you or to his friends, you are not telling us what the coach said. There is usually a difference, that is all I am saying. You could be 100% right, I don't know, I really don't care. Not trying to start a posting fight, just adding my my coaching two cents