When is the Husker Pro Day?

He got 7 picks somehow. I don't know, never watched any of his games.

By doing what has been alluded to. He was allowed to spy the qb in a zone because he had such a tremendous dline in front of him, and a secondary behind him. He had that luxury of doing his own thing and-based on a few that I saw-allowed him to float around and bait the qb into throwing a bad pass that he could jump. Compton was usually either blitzing for playing a fixed coverage.

I suspect that he's got a lot of football smarts that he probably deserves credit for....not that the talent and scheme didn't help. On the other hand, Compton was a rock solid MLB for us and totally under-appreciated. Definitely agree on that. When you put the poor guy on an island against a slot RB, what's he or any other linebacker gonna do? I hope Compton has a career in the pros. I think he could.

Compton got embarrassed while trying to chase down RB and QB in space. Te'o was embarrassed when plays were run right at him and he flat out couldn't make a play. Compton was usually very solid in his run stops from what I can remember.

I still do not understand the love fest for Te'o. I never really thought he was that good and now that all these combine numbers have come out it honestly really doesn't surprise me that much.

Now picture slow ass Te'o in this position... it would have been even worse.

Reed was the most under utilized piece of our offense last season. Obviously our WRs and RBs performed exceptionally and he kind of got left out of the fun. Reed definitely has the physical tools to excel in the NFL

He got just as many touches as he did his sophomore year, the one that everyone seems to look back on as the year he broke out and was used properly. So I don't know where this idea comes from.

He got just as many touches as he did his sophomore year, the one that everyone seems to look back on as the year he broke out and was used properly. So I don't know where this idea comes from.

I think in his sophomore year you looked at that as, "Wow, this young guy is starting to establish himself. We should give him more chances."

Then his junior year he doesn't get a lot of chances and his senior year he only gets back up to the sophomore level.

I saw this point made on Rivals recently and I think it's a great one: you have to play to your strengths. We had playmakers all over the place and simply couldn't get it to them all, so it was tough luck here. But the damage we could have done if we had a QB whose strength was threading it up the seam between the LB and the safety, Reed could've been a national star.

Our passing game though, was mostly varying shorter throws (comebacks and such) and then deep jumpball type throws off the playaction.

In the NFL, from the TE spot, I think Reed could kill it as a receiver, because he can thrive in the soft spots of zone coverages.

He's only running a 4.6-4.7 at 214 pounds? Good thing that he's shown he has elite caliber vision and the knack to always fall forward by this point or he'd have been hard pressed to even get a bsc school offer with that kind of speed. I love the guy but in comparison to other backs his size, he is SLOW. lol

He's only running a 4.6-4.7 at 214 pounds? Good thing that he's shown he has elite caliber vision and the knack to always fall forward by this point or he'd have been hard pressed to even get a bsc school offer with that kind of speed. I love the guy but in comparison to other backs his size, he is SLOW. lol

Marginally slower over long distances, just as quick of a burst and acceleration as anyone.

Rex Ran faster than this guy . I'm not too concerned for him.

Marginally slower over long distances, just as quick of a burst and acceleration as anyone.

The reports of Rex improving his 40 time at the pro day might have been a bit exaggerated. Nnfldraftscout.com, which I believe takes averages from all coaches present, had him at 4.66. For those curious about some of the other guys, I timed several guys off footage from the pro day. I had Compton at 4.6, Whaley at 4.85, and Cotton in the 4.9s.