Nickens to DT

How does having McMullen playing inside translate to more 3-4?

Stacked at LB? What's the basis for a statement like that? We don't have a single guy at the position who has proven anything significant. Not one guy, let alone enough guys to consider the position "stacked".

Yes, the depth chart is thin at DT, but that's been the case since Bo has been here.

We recruited tons of DTs, just struck out the first half dozen times or so. It certainly wasn't from a lack of trying.

I was just stating that we are making more hybrid players, because we are obviously going to see a variety of packages on defense.

Zaire Anderson, I believe has shown he has the capability to be a big game changer, as well as Santos. So, I wouldn't say not one hasn't proven anything significant. I was just stating I think we will see 3-4 this year, but not as a primary defense. If we run thin on DT's, I don't think we will have a choice but play more linebackers (3-4) with Gregory, Valentine and Ankrah on the front 3, with a mixture of McMullen and Moss. Especially if the LB crew is understanding the defense.

We have some dead weight on the DL that is for sure. Guy, Okuyemi and Ashburn are sucking up schollies and getting passed by every class that comes in.

Dude, Guy, Okuyemi, and Ashburn are all now Juniors. How do you know they are dead weight and sucking up schollies? Because they didn't play as a Sophomore or Freshman? Thats a pretty big assumption for someone who isn't on the staff. Oh wait, your insider must have told you this too huh?

How does having McMullen playing inside translate to more 3-4?

Stacked at LB? What's the basis for a statement like that? We don't have a single guy at the position who has proven anything significant. Not one guy, let alone enough guys to consider the position "stacked".

Yes, the depth chart is thin at DT, but that's been the case since Bo has been here.

We recruited tons of DTs, just struck out the first half dozen times or so. It certainly wasn't from a lack of trying.

I was just stating that we are making more hybrid players, because we are obviously going to see a variety of packages on defense.

Zaire Anderson, I believe has shown he has the capability to be a big game changer, as well as Santos. So, I wouldn't say not one hasn't proven anything significant. I was just stating I think we will see 3-4 this year, but not as a primary defense. If we run thin on DT's, I don't think we will have a choice but play more linebackers (3-4) with Gregory, Valentine and Ankrah on the front 3, with a mixture of McMullen and Moss. Especially if the LB crew is understanding the defense.

We have some dead weight on the DL that is for sure. Guy, Okuyemi and Ashburn are sucking up schollies and getting passed by every class that comes in.

Dude, Guy, Okuyemi, and Ashburn are all now Juniors. How do you know they are dead weight and sucking up schollies? Because they didn't play as a Sophomore or Freshman? Thats a pretty big assumption for someone who isn't on the staff. Oh wait, your insider must have told you this too huh?

When you move Meredith to DT and Nickens now to DT and Nickens is already running with the 2's you have a problem. We have had crap for depth on the DL correct? Chase Rome played and he was nothing special yet Guy, Okuyemi and Ashburn sit on the sidelines. They then get passed up by every recruit on the DL each season....how do you not recognize them as deadweight?

When you move Meredith to DT and Nickens now to DT and Nickens is already running with the 2's you have a problem. We have had crap for depth on the DL correct? Chase Rome played and he was nothing special yet Guy, Okuyemi and Ashburn sit on the sidelines. They then get passed up by every recruit on the DL each season....how do you not recognize them as deadweight?

Because they were only Sophomores and possibly didn't quite know the defense like Rome and Meredith did? Nah, that couldn't be it... too logical. Yep... Deadweight.

Because they were only Sophomores and possibly didn't quite know the defense like Rome and Meredith did? Nah, that couldn't be it... too logical. Yep... Deadweight.

Rome was a Sophomore as well....

So we know they were all worse than Rome and not good enough to step in and help when needed and instead we played a 260 lbs DE at DT.

• Fire 1

Rome was a Sophomore as well....

Since he understood the defense, means they should have as well. Ok. Like I said, your right... dead weight.

It was their 3rd year in the program....should it take a player 3 years to learn his alignments? I guess I just don't get the notion in regards to some of the guys on our roster that are non contributors. The big boys send these guys packing while we put scholarship restrictions on ourselves

It was their 3rd year in the program....should it take a player 3 years to learn his alignments? I guess I just don't get the notion in regards to some of the guys on our roster that are non contributors. The big boys send these guys packing while we put scholarship restrictions on ourselves

Your right Hedley. :worship If they aren't playing by then, they are dead weight!

Your right Hedley. :worship If they aren't playing by then, they are dead weight!

When you wanna talk football and our roster let me know

The big boys send these guys packing while we put scholarship restrictions on ourselves

Is that how you want to run our program?

Yes, do you want to win Conf and BCS games and make the new playoff system? I see no problem with not renewing scholarships or asking a player to go elsewhere.

If you are on academic scholarship and don't meet the required grades what does the school do? Takes your scholarship away.

Well if you are on an athletic scholarship and don't perform to the schools standards why should you continue to get the free ride? What exactly makes you any better than the academic scholarship student?

These kids are lucky if they get even one year of college paid for because of something that doesn't involve being a straight A student.

• Fire 1