(2013) SG Tim Wagner (Preferred Walk-On - Nebraska Commit)

Player: Tim Wagner

Hometown: Galesville, WI

School: Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School

AAU: Wisconsin Jets

Position: SG

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 170

Offers: PREFERRED WALK-ON - NEBRASKA

Tim Wagner is a scorer. He can find the hoop from all ranges and provide an offensive spark at any moment.

The senior at Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School will try to use his offensive prowess to revamp a team that is in need of a few scorers.

Wagner announced today he accepted a preferred walk-on offer at NCAA Division I Nebraska next season in an effort to bolster an offense that finished at the bottom of Big Ten Conference in scoring (58.6 points per game) this season.

“I’m pretty excited,” said Wagner, who averaged 23.8 points per game this season with the Red Hawks. “Last spring, I contacted them and told them I would be interested in walking on.”

Wagner, a 3.95 student, will also receive an academic scholarship from the university.

“It’s a good opportunity,” said Wagner, who had a partial scholarship offer from Division II Winona State. “Hopefully, I will be able to play down there.”

With a team that has lacked offense this season, Wagner said he’s just hoping to get an opportunity to display his skill. Before that, he has to secure a spot on the team.

“They play very hard,” said Wagner of the Cornhuskers. “I think they will continue to get better players, and when you compete hard and have solid players, you’re always going to give yourself a chance.”

Wagner helped lead the Red Hawks to a 20-5 season, including a spot in a WIAA Division 3 sectional semifinal, which it lost to Aquinas by a 63-47 score. Wagner scored 33 points, including six 3-pointers in that — his final high school — game.

“We’re really excited,” said Red Hawks coach Mark Wagner, who is also Tim’s father. “I think the one thing that Tim can bring to any team is the fact that he can shoot the ball so well.”

Wagner accepts preferred walk-on offer at Nebraska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WXASdLKJhI

quick release. I bet he is even better when he can catch and shoot and doesnt have to drive and step back and shoot to get separation

I politely disagree. This kid's wind up isn't quite the slowest I've seen, but in terms of DI prospects it's pretty bad. He loads at about the same pace as Ubel, but he won't have the space because opposing D's will know he's in to shoot. He barely elevates, starts too low, and takes too long to wind up. If Doc were here this kid would never see the floor, but I have confidence this staff can work with him and maybe even turn him into a 10-12 minutes a game type of guy that can come in and score quickly when it's needed, but they have their work cut out for them.