Next Seasons Roster

I agree next year could be rough depending on how ready our freshmen are to contribute. Our transfers including Biggs put a hurting to our starters this season in scrimmages. I'm talking not even close.

Did you go to a lot of practices? If so, what's Tim Miles like in practice? I think I would like to see that guy in action on a daily basis. I hope you're right about the boys coming back taking it to our starters from this year!

Miles and his staff are just what you would expect. Upbeat and all about making guys confident. My biggest issue with Doc was how his teams seemed timid and afraid to mess up. Miles is all about giving it all you got and not worrying about missing the previous shot etc. His goofy quirky personality is genuine and the kind of guy he is. I guarantee you that Miles will take NU to its first ever NCAA Tourney win.

How many times have you heard him complain about location? How many times has he said things in regards to us not being a basketball school etc? He doesn't at all. He does what a winner does and gets to work busting his backside on the recruiting trail. He is definitely a coach that "gets it". I hope he is a career guy at NU and I hope he realizes he could have buildings with his name on them and bronze statues of himself at NU.

• Fire 1

I honestly see pitchford/biggs all starting next year... maybe go really small and start Webster and Gallegos as well. Not sure what we do at the 4. I think Pitchford plays the 5(undersized) unless Vucetic somehow puts on 60 pounds. If we get Atewe i think he ends the year as our starting 4.

My assumption is this:

5- Pitchford/ Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Rivers/Fuller

3- Shields/Petteway/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Peltz/Richie

1- Biggs/Webster/Parker/Menke

This changes if they add Attewe .

We roll with this:

5- Pitchford/Attewe/Vucetic/Kurkowski

4- Rivers/Atewe/Fuller

3- Shields/Petteway/Hawkins/Tyrance

2- Gallegos/Shields/Peltz/Richie

1- Biggs/Webster/Parker/Menke

I think you see Fuller and Hawkins redshirt... possibly.

Lots of tweeners... Attewe probably more of a 4... petteway more of a 3 might have to play 4.. Shields is more of a 3--webster is a mix of 1/2.

By the end of the year(with Atewe) we look like this:

Pitchford

Atewe

Shields

Gallegos

Biggs

As it stands right now..my guess.

Pitchford, Serge

Petteway, Rivers

Shields, Fuller

Gallegos, Webster

Biggs, Hawkins

Redshirt

Parker.

I am sure I will change this after the spring signing period and probably a hundred times between now and the opener. :) Currently went with the most athletic guys balanced with experience. Got to say the bench really has a lot of shooters on it and looks pretty deadly. Line up would look really tough with a couple of rebounds & post defenders. Maybe Maric can come back as Larry Sandcastle, a new juco transfer from a tiny island between Australia and New Zealand.

I could easily see Gallegos coming in off the bench to lead that second group with Rivers.

I have to give the edge to Biggs to win the starting PG spot. He can break down a defense and while reports are that he has to work on defense, I think he still will have an advantage over incoming freshmen in regards to defense. He would be hard to beat athletically.

^This to a T. Maybe start Serge over Pitchford if he plays soft similar to what KU did this year with Kevin Young and Perry Ellis.

We will actually have some depth next year which will be nice and help us so much in big 10 play.

:blink:

Pitchford, Serge

Petteway, Rivers

Shields, Fuller

Gallegos, Webster

Biggs, Hawkins

Redshirt

Parker.

I am sure I will change this after the spring signing period and probably a hundred times between now and the opener. :) Currently went with the most athletic guys balanced with experience. Got to say the bench really has a lot of shooters on it and looks pretty deadly. Line up would look really tough with a couple of rebounds & post defenders. Maybe Maric can come back as Larry Sandcastle, a new juco transfer from a tiny island between Australia and New Zealand.

I could easily see Gallegos coming in off the bench to lead that second group with Rivers.

I have to give the edge to Biggs to win the starting PG spot. He can break down a defense and while reports are that he has to work on defense, I think he still will have an advantage over incoming freshmen in regards to defense. He would be hard to beat athletically.

^This to a T. Maybe start Serge over Pitchford if he plays soft similar to what KU did this year with Kevin Young and Perry Ellis.

We will actually have some depth next year which will be nice and help us so much in big 10 play.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of our Freshman wasn't on the team next season. I mean we had no depth and Vucetic still didn't play...obviously shields isn't going anywhere but Parker or Vucetic will probably be gone next season. Gotta have multiple schollies for next season.

• Fire 1

Pitchford, Serge

Petteway, Rivers

Shields, Fuller

Gallegos, Webster

Biggs, Hawkins

Redshirt

Parker.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of our Freshman wasn't on the team next season. I mean we had no depth and Vucetic still didn't play...obviously shields isn't going anywhere but Parker or Vucetic will probably be gone next season. Gotta have multiple schollies for next season.

I'd guess Vucetic will be given an opportunity to hang around and bulk up, but Parker might be a candidate for redshirting or transfer. Since he was seen as the better prospect between he and Shields, his year and obvious lack of confidence was disappointing. (I believe he was the mvp and leading scorer in the Kansas State/ or Missouri tourney a couple of times).

Serge could benefit the most from a redshirt, but I don't think he wants too. It's unfortunate as he really could use that year to get bigger, stronger, better conditioned and tougher. He should of done it this year. He has good skills just needs to get physical and aggressive. As it is he's at least 2 years away yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The kid will be B1G freshman of the year. I've re-watched a few of his games, and this kid is going to have other schools questioning why they didn't find him. He will average 20 ppg. I'm becoming more and more confident about making the touney next year. It's crazy to hear me say this, because i've always been in the 3-4 years away crowd. But with Gallegos, Shields, Pettit (averaged 29 in high school) Pitchford, Biggs, and Webster, we will make a huge jump. Hell we won 6 B1G games with no bench at all. 9-9 gets into the touney. I think we have a slim chance next year, and a very good chance the year after.

Hope you are spot on, but my thoughts are tempered somewhat by the fact that Shields didn't even make the league freshman TEAM this year..........

Gallegos, Pitchford, Webster, Biggs, Shields, Petteway, Vucetic, Rivers, Fuller, Hawkins, Parker. Wow. Just wow. This has got to be the most talent we've had on a roster. Ever. Am I forgetting anyone?

The kid will be B1G freshman of the year. I've re-watched a few of his games, and this kid is going to have other schools questioning why they didn't find him. He will average 20 ppg. I'm becoming more and more confident about making the touney next year. It's crazy to hear me say this, because i've always been in the 3-4 years away crowd. But with Gallegos, Shields, Pettit (averaged 29 in high school) Pitchford, Biggs, and Webster, we will make a huge jump. Hell we won 6 B1G games with no bench at all. 9-9 gets into the touney. I think we have a slim chance next year, and a very good chance the year after.

Hope you are spot on, but my thoughts are tempered somewhat by the fact that Shields didn't even make the league freshman TEAM this year..........

Gallegos, Pitchford, Webster, Biggs, Shields, Petteway, Vucetic, Rivers, Fuller, Hawkins, Parker. Wow. Just wow. This has got to be the most talent we've had on a roster. Ever. Am I forgetting anyone?

Hopefully you are forgetting Atewe...

Yeah, I hope he commits. I don't follow bb recruiting too closely, so I don't know his status.

Yeah, I hope he commits. I don't follow bb recruiting too closely, so I don't know his status.

He and Tai Webster talk often and Atewe was concerned about the Webster rumors

• Fire 1

Next year (if we snag Atewe and Sai) we will be a bubble team. The next year we will get in the tourney and the year after that we could be a potential sweet 16 type of team IMO

Love the optimism but completely disagree. The guys coming in have great potential, sure, but they're all inexperienced. Even the transfers sans Petteway. Who do you think had more talent: the team Miles will have next year or the team Calipari brought in this year? They didn't make the tourney in a much weaker league. The team's talent level will be so far beyond what we saw this year, but due to inexperience they will be extremely inconsistent and will probably only have a couple more wins. That's how college basketball works.