Skeptic/Believer

Seems like every year our defense is young and inexperienced. where are all the senior players on defense? every year can't be because we have a young defense on why we lose games.

Shoot me now. Just shoot me.

All we see is pissing and moaning (not necassarily from you) about how Bo only plays seniors and no freshman and that he only plays older, smarter kids and not the most talented yada yada.

This is an epic moment.

I've never said only seniors should start. you have me confused with someone else because your blind hate for me has led to you having tunnel vision.

Seems like every year our defense is young and inexperienced. where are all the senior players on defense? every year can't be because we have a young defense on why we lose games.

Shoot me now. Just shoot me.

All we see is pissing and moaning (not necassarily from you) about how Bo only plays seniors and no freshman and that he only plays older, smarter kids and not the most talented yada yada.

This is an epic moment.

I've never said only seniors should start. you have me confused with someone else because your blind hate for me has led to you having tunnel vision.

Stein, Martin, Carter, Compton, Fisher, Whaley, Smith, Stafford, ect.

Seems like we were pretty senior-heavy last year.

ok. so why did our defense play up and down so much?

Dont go making it about performance. This is what you did with my point on why Wisconsin beat our ass. You turn it into about something it's not. It's not about how they played. you said we cant lose games every year because we have a young defense, but it was pointed out that their were plenty of seniors with legitimate time a year ago, that's all.

That's a good question. Even if they weren't all-world recruits 5 years ago, you'd think Bo should be able to turn them into a somewhat capable defense, being a defensive guru and all. Debacles like UCLA, Ohio State, and Wisconsin shouldn't be happening anymore. There's no excuse for that.

• Fire 1

Dont go making it about performance. This is what you did with my point on why Wisconsin beat our ass. You turn it into about something it's not. It's not about how they played. you said we cant lose games every year because we have a young defense, but it was pointed out that their were plenty of seniors with legitimate time a year ago, that's all.

sorry for expecting an experienced defense to be more consistent and performing better. an experienced defense is just not all about seniors but building chemistry with one another.

Were the defensive personell in 2009 and 2010 better talent-wise than in 2011 and 2012?

If yes-Bo's scheme obviously works when he has the talent to work with. Not so much with the mediocre talent we've had the past couple years. (not nice to say, but it's probably true). Supposedly, his recruiting has improved from the talent standpoint. Jury's still out, we'll see.

Don't make this about his recruiting, cuz we know. We know.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

Were the defensive personell in 2009 and 2010 better talent-wise than in 2011 and 2012?

If yes-Bo's scheme obviously works when he has the talent to work with. Not so much with the mediocre talent we've had the past couple years. (not nice to say, but it's probably true). Supposedly, his recruiting has improved from the talent standpoint. Jury's still out, we'll see.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

I think Bo takes things for granted and overlooks certain things. it can only explain why every year we basically have the same record.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

I think Bo takes things for granted and overlooks certain things. it can only explain why every year we basically have the same record.

Legitimate theory. I wont argue with that. But it probably comes with being a first time HC. 6 years or not, he's still learning. Hell, Nick Saban's probably still learning.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

Legitimate theory. I wont argue with that. But it probably comes with being a first time HC. 6 years or not, he's still learning. Hell, Nick Saban's probably still learning.

Yeah. But now Bo has to step up his game when TO isn't here anymore in any capacity.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

Isn't this true with pretty much all schemes? If you have good talent, the scheme looks great. If you have mediocre talent, the scheme looks mediocre.

If no-n/m. We're f'd.

Isn't this true with pretty much all schemes? If you have good talent, the scheme looks great. If you have mediocre talent, the scheme looks mediocre.

yes.

Ohio State, Wisconsin were far beyond mediocre. UCLA and Georgia was not a lot better yards wise, but closer scores.

I agree he still is not a good head coach, and the main reason is because he is so stubborn. I like his fire, but he needs to understand that this really could be his last year here. If we have the same type of blow outs as last year, I do not see him surviving it. Really do not want to see that happen, because I think he is still two full years away from having a good balanced team. Next year the offense will be a problem, just like the youth will be a problem on defense this year. Still hoping I am surprised by the results, but skeptical to say the very least.

That's a good question. Even if they weren't all-world recruits 5 years ago, you'd think Bo should be able to turn them into a somewhat capable defense, being a defensive guru and all. Debacles like UCLA, Ohio State, and Wisconsin shouldn't be happening anymore. There's no excuse for that.

Not gonna lie....I agree with the above....Maybe the talent just wasn't good at all.....I've seen Bo at times mold walk-on's, 2 and 3 star players into studds.....

Last year's season wasn't so evident on the defensive side of the ball at all.....