East-West not necessarily best for NU

Sincerely, not being a negative nancy or what ever. No paragraphs(drives me nuts) What do you see that indicates we are headed back. We got curb stomped twice, will most likely face one of them again. We gave up record number of yards in several games. We gave a tremendous amount of yard to Georgia and UCLA. We were not close to stopping Ohio State or Wisconsin. Our offense was not much in either of those games. We have a pretty young defense that was not capable of beating out one our worst ever group of starters. We can not compete with Ohio State in recruiting. Do you honestly feel we have a better coach than Ohio State. We do not have the talent that they do, nor the depth. So what is it that you see that makes you feel we are headed in the right direction. I just do not see it, try as hard as I can.

A majority of them were redshirting last year, and Bo didn't want to waste that shirt. He even admitted he made a mistake by doing that. But, on a positive note those young players wwill be playing together for 3 years so by the time they are juniors/seniors our D should be pretty damn salty.

And again, no answers, just blind faith. Okay I get it.

Redshirting goes to roster management. Not knowing what you need and when you need it. Making choices that affect the over all out come for that year and the next. He does not do a very good job of it, but you really can not expect him to. He is learning on the job. Very few programs of the level of Nebraska hire first time Head Coaches.

I am waiting to see this defense, that we are waiting for. Three years to develop a salty D, he will not be here to witness it is my guess. He has this year, blow outs he is gone. New AD, not going to take the curb stompings, record yards against us and near point totals. Does not scream, your getting the job done.

I'm willin to bet that 2-3-4-5 TRUE freshman starting over less-talented(pure speculation at this point) veteran players would NOT have yielded much better results last season as folks from both sides of the fence are assuming so. Redshirting goes a long ways. Not to mention, if that young man sticks around for his senior year, he has no school to deal with. It's all football all the time.

Tell me again why some of our fans are freaking out about a divisional alignment that will only last one or two years until Virginia and school(s) to be named come on board to the B1G?

Oh wait. It's the off-season. Nevermind. :moreinteresting

one or two years? Hell, we'll probably never even see it fully implemented. I expect the landscape to change at a minimum of 2 more instances before the 2015 season.

Well, we know who one of the changes is already in Virginia--they just need a moving buddy.

But yeah, we probably won't even see this implemented, we'll get Michigan and Michigan State added back to the West when they go to 16, and all this hand-wringing will be for naught.

As far as fear goes. It's frickin football. If anyone has fear of anybody, youre playing the wrong sport. Time to take up badmitton.

Man...don't knock badminton! It's intense. I was gonna name a non-competitive sport but I can't really think of any.

Granted, just because there's no room for it doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all levels.

I don't think we fear Wisconsin or anything, but they sure gave us some whoopings, and the team needs to get that monkey off its back next year.

I think too much is placed on redshirting. If they are good enough to play, play them. Last year we could have had a better rotation it seems, and kids would have experience this year. May not have done any better, but we would have had a better idea of what this years holds.

We need to recruit players, not projects. I know on the DL and OL kids need more time to develop. A high school senior is a lot different than a college senior. Boy to man so to speak, but learning under real play is far better than the scout squad I think. And being OL and DL you never know if they will be around for their senior year or not.

The priority of the football team is to play and win football games. Use the athletes you have recruited. This is not a Birdsong development camp. Coach Osborne developed that, but the pipelines are not there now, may be developed over time. Stoops, Saben say they recruit players to play the first year, have the ability to do so if they put in the work. None are recruited as projects. I think we need to get to that. But in his defense, Bo is learning and as he stated before realized he may have made roster errors last year. With experience he will get better at knowing what he needs and how to get it on the field.

I think too much is placed on redshirting. If they are good enough to play, play them. Last year we could have had a better rotation it seems, and kids would have experience this year. May not have done any better, but we would have had a better idea of what this years holds.

We need to recruit players, not projects. I know on the DL and OL kids need more time to develop. A high school senior is a lot different than a college senior. Boy to man so to speak, but learning under real play is far better than the scout squad I think. And being OL and DL you never know if they will be around for their senior year or not.

The priority of the football team is to play and win football games. Use the athletes you have recruited. This is not a Birdsong development camp. Coach Osborne developed that, but the pipelines are not there now, may be developed over time. Stoops, Saben say they recruit players to play the first year, have the ability to do so if they put in the work. None are recruited as projects. I think we need to get to that. But in his defense, Bo is learning and as he stated before realized he may have made roster errors last year. With experience he will get better at knowing what he needs and how to get it on the field.

That's just a difference in outlook between a coach that is trying to build for long-term and a society that has an overwhelmingly "win now or gtfo" mentality.

You maybe correct on that, but that is what we are up against. I truly think having some of the young kids in the rotation last year would have helped in recruiting. These kids want to play instantly. Let them learn, get the hard knocks and come back the next better for it. I am hoping we start seeing more of that. That is how you build depth, competition. A year on the scout team, would seem to do very little for competition. I never played football at this level so just guessing. Being in the hunt for the game every week would bring the competitive edge out or show that it was not there. I think we are trying to use a luxury we do not have. You guys are a lot closer to it, see it year around. I only hear what is being said on here and sometimes on the BTN. I hope the depth is there and the youth steps up. I would just have felt better about this defensive unit if more had seen the field before.

Classically the Big10 had stable tiers.

The Big 2. Big Blue and Bigger Scarlett.

We're #3 This Year!!! PSU, Iowa, Wiscy, MSU, NW.

Still Alive for Some Rivalry Trophy. Minn, Ill, IU, Purdue.

Now it is getting unwieldy and hard to predict. But historically, the West would be a solid conference that would not have any huge hurdles to jump over. Of the Iowa/Wisc/NW or even Illinois, there will not be a year where all 4 of them are good at the same time.

Just win over whatever opponent is in front of us and this all takes care of itself. Yes, Sparty to the West seems like it could solve this but we will have cross-over games with the East so again win the games and nobody cares. Same thing has happened in SEC and Pac-12 where perceived balance of power has shifted between divisions. Teams like Oregon and Stanford in the Pac-12 north 5 years ago would have been seen as probable wins whereas USC in the south was automatic loss...now this is reversed.