The Muslim Conspiracy

i have not read this book, but i do not think he is being critical of jesus. i think it is just a book about the times jesus existed during. and that is important. i do not think most americans, let alone christians, have much knowledge about the historical and cultural background of jesus or ancient rome.

why should a religious scholar not write a book about jesus as a historical figure? i do not see the controversy, regardless of the author's biography.

He's very proud of his PHD isn't he? He only mentioned that at least 10 times.

Regarding his PhD, I would be too. I am a middle school teacher (by trade) and a Christian (by lifestyle). According to the FoxNews "reporter", the next time my principal asks me to write up lesson plans or a syllabus my response should be, "I'm a Christian, why would I write anything about school...?" If the anchor's agenda wasn't blatantly obvious to a viewer, the viewer is hypnotized by his/her own stupidity...

• Fire 4

I figured this was as good of a place as any to post this:

http://www.buzzfeed....ews-has-ever-do

Reza Aslan, a religious scholar with a Ph.D. in the sociology of religions from the University of California and author of the new book, “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth,” went on FoxNews.com’s online show Spirited Debate to promote his book only to be prodded about why a Muslim would write a historical book about Jesus.

I give credit to Aslan. He did a great job of not losing his cool with this twit.

Headline: "Miss America third runner-up interviews scholar...finishes in second place."

• Fire 1

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/fox-news-host-never-asked-baptist-college-professor-why-he-w

Last Friday, Fox News’s online show Spirited Debate conducted an interview with religious scholar Reza Aslan, a professor of religion, about his new book Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. Aslan subsequently spent the entire interview defending his right as a religious scholar — a religious scholar who happens to be a Muslim — to write a historical book about Jesus.

While host Lauren Green, the main religion correspondent for Fox News, spent the interview asking Aslan about his Muslim faith, Green never asked a professor from a university affiliated with Southern Baptists why he wrote a book about Islam in an interview two years earlier.

Green was interviewing Barry Vann, a professor at the Southern Baptist-affiliatedUniversity of Cumberlands about his book Puritan Islam: The Geoexpansion of the Muslim World. The interview largely focused on Vann’s book.

That's very telling of your character if that is all you take away from this interview.

The only reason Reza had to keep stating he has a PHD is because the reporter could not wrap her mind around the fact that an individual could care about a religion they are not part of, which is sad.

• Fire 1

http://www.slate.com..._interview.html

The anchor is Fox News' Shannon Bream. The guest is Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center and a regular guest on Fox programs. Bream gets things started with the usual "liberal media" talk, but she's really just teeing up Bozell. It's tough to say what quote jumps out the most, but for my money it's his claim that Reza Azlan is not a "very good Muslim" since the Zealot author claims he was willing to look at the historical figure of Jesus Christ as an objective scholar who "just happens to be Muslim."

Moments later, Bozell continues: "There are also all kinds of holes you can poke in this man's very, very biased and very, very one-sided book.... He also makes the point—and this is something as a Catholic I take great offense to—he says 'there is a very big difference between the historical Christ and what the Catholic church has done to create a mythical Christ.' No there isn't."

By his own admission, Bozell can't be both objective and a good Catholic.

Regarding his PhD, I would be too. I am a middle school teacher (by trade) and a Christian (by lifestyle). According to the FoxNews "reporter", the next time my principal asks me to write up lesson plans or a syllabus my response should be, "I'm a Christian, why would I write anything about school...?" If the anchor's agenda wasn't blatantly obvious to a viewer, the viewer is hypnotized by his/her own stupidity...

I don't disagree with what you're saying here, but I will come to her defense. In her defense, she probably isn't smart enough to have an agenda. She was just doing her job, which is to take the position her producers tell her to take.