The Muslim Conspiracy

Two idiot state senators are actively trampling on Americans' First Amendment rights and we have people in this thread worried that I'm painting them with "too broad a brush."

Speaking of First Amendment rights . . . were you aware that the constitutions of seven states bar atheists from holding public office? I just learned that the other day and I was genuinely surprised.

I hope that I remember that fact the next time the "War on Christianity" crowd chimes in. (Also, this would presumably end the "atheism is a religion" argument.)

• Fire 1

Two idiot state senators are actively trampling on Americans' First Amendment rights and we have people in this thread worried that I'm painting them with "too broad a brush."

Speaking of First Amendment rights . . . were you aware that the constitutions of seven states bar atheists from holding public office? I just learned that the other day and I was genuinely surprised.

I hope that I remember that fact the next time the "War on Christianity" crowd chimes in. (Also, this would presumably end the "atheism is a religion" argument.)

how can that be? i wonder what those states would rather have: an elected official be muslim or atheist?

With priorities like this, it's no wonder this country is in the shape it's in. It's also much less of a shock that the "class warfare" mantra is bought into so readily. Get a grip.

Wow...you are on a roll for over exaggerations lately. I doubt if I lose any sleep over it.

The Senators are idiots. Plain and simple. They are an embarrassment and a pathetic excuse of a public servant.

It's legal to discriminate against Communists in Nebraska. There are all kinds of weird laws. Lots of backwards people in America. That's why we have to work extra hard to get this country thinking right.

It's still legal to beat your wife(sister) :D once a month in Arkansas.

It's legal to discriminate against Communists in Nebraska. There are all kinds of weird laws. Lots of backwards people in America. That's why we have to work extra hard to get this country thinking right.

It's still legal to beat your wife(sister) :D once a month in Arkansas.

Hell, I figured it was required in Arkansas to beat your wife.

With priorities like this, it's no wonder this country is in the shape it's in. It's also much less of a shock that the "class warfare" mantra is bought into so readily. Get a grip.

Eh? I read the linked article. These guys may very well be idiots but all the article said was one of them asked why the sink was changed. I'd hardly classify asking the question as trampling Americans first amendment rights. If you were referring to the anti sharia law they previously proposed, that got changed substantially and never made it through with reference to any specific religion. Maybe we have differing definitions of "trampling". But, I will agree they sound like a couple of tools.

We're missing the larger issue here; sd'sker has expressed a willingness to bathe his whole body in that thing. That alone should be reason enough to shutter that bathroom.

Eh? I read the linked article. These guys may very well be idiots but all the article said was one of them asked why the sink was changed. I'd hardly classify asking the question as trampling Americans first amendment rights. If you were referring to the anti sharia law they previously proposed, that got changed substantially and never made it through with reference to any specific religion. Maybe we have differing definitions of "trampling". But, I will agree they sound like a couple of tools.

We're missing the larger issue here; sd'sker has expressed a willingness to bathe his whole body in that thing. That alone should be reason enough to shutter that bathroom.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/06/tennessee-bill-would-make-it-a-crime-to-practice-sharia-law/

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, has been the epicenter of a months-long battle over the construction of a new mosque in the Nashville suburb. It's one example of many concerning Muslims in America, and how cities and communities are responding to efforts to build Islamic places of worship.

That battle got fiercer when two state lawmakers, one representing Murfreesboro, introduced legislation that would make it a felony to practice Sharia law, which includes lessons found in the Quran, the holy book of Islam, and which can inform how Muslims live their everyday lives, including prayer rituals. Many Muslims consider Sharia law to outline basic tenets of living a moral life. What is Sharia law?

State Sen. Bill Ketron, R-Murfreesboro, and state Rep. Judd Matheny, R-Tullahoma, who are backing the same bill in the Senate and House, describe Sharia law as dangerous to U.S. national security, according to the Tennessean newspaper. The bill grants Tennessee's attorney general the power to investigate complaints about anyone who might be practicing Sharia law.

The possible punishment for practicing Sharia law is 15 years behind bars.

If the names in this article aren't familiar to you, then you didn't read the first article I linked to very closely.