SVP and Russillo

Delusional:

-"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in all of college football" (and believing it)

-"Oh, don't boo, that's beneath us." (or maybe make some noise and provide a home field advantage)

-"OMG you guys ESPN mentioned Alabama for 10 minutes and Nebraska for one. ESPN HATES US (or perhaps they'll cover the top team and not your team)

-"A RADIO SHOW SAID WE'RE DELUSIONAL. OBVIOUSLY THEY HATE NEBRASKA. (or there's some truth to it.)

Maybe they're not the ones with personal biases. Maybe it's us. That couldn't be though, we're perfect in every single way.

• Fire 2

ESPN hates nebraska so much they put nearly everyone of nebraska's football game on one of their networks

You're close...

ESPN hates Nebraska, likes money...

if they really wanted to see the demise of nebraska they wouldnt give nebraska any exposure their ay be a couple of announcers that arent too fond of nebraska but to say the network has something against nebraska is a stretch

Not even bothering to read it I see "delusional fan base" I see some hack looking for clicks. Being a fan is all about hope for the future. Every year fans all over think that their team can win it all, it is what makes sports fun. If a person wants to call fans delusional than perhaps he needs to step back and consider what makes sports great. If you want to write articles on delusional people cover politics.

ESPN hates nebraska so much they put nearly everyone of nebraska's football game on one of their networks

You're close...

if they really wanted to see the demise of nebraska they wouldnt give nebraska any exposure their ay be a couple of announcers that arent too fond of nebraska but to say the network has something against nebraska is a stretch

They don't want to see our demise, that's the thing. Many of the talking hair do's hate us, but overall they like us because we make them money if we're on...

You're close...

They don't want to see our demise, that's the thing. Many of the talking hair do's hate us, but overall they like us because we make them money if we're on...

i thought you said espn hates nebraska

read the whole sentence

just giving you a hard time but i dont think that just because there is a couple of OSU and UM alumni that dont like the school that is the biggest threat to their school means the network has anything against nebraska

read the whole sentence

just giving you a hard time but i dont think that just because there is a couple of OSU and UM alumni that dont like the school that is the biggest threat to their school means the network has anything against nebraska

I think the majority of the mothership's butthurt comes from the whole Husker vs Husker greatest football team of all time incident...

read the whole sentence

I think the majority of the mothership's butthurt comes from the whole Husker vs Husker greatest football team of all time incident...

I think this post is a shining example of SVP's validity in calling us delusional.

-_-

• Fire 1

I suggest that everyone commenting actaully LISTEN to the podcast. I agree with parts and disagree with parts. First of all, for the record, SVP says NC STATE is his most dilusional fan base. Russillo says Nebraska, which is also kind of a respect thing too because he gives Nebraska credit for their storied history and tradition and basically picks Nebraska because their program matters.

That being said, he basically attributes our dillusion to his belief that, as fans, we were going to run through the BIG 10 our first two years in the conference. I know i didn't feel that way. I had always thought the Big 10 was overrated and did not care for their style, but i guess I never thought we would coast through.

The other thing that SVP has brought up before after the ucla game and he mentions again in the podcast is the tradition of the "blackshirts". I'm not really sure if it just makes him mad that we have always called the defense the blackshirts or if its the fan in him, which i agree with, that d plays lousy but is still supposed to be this feared unit with a special name. I guess my issue is, what are we supposed do as a fan base? say, "the d stinks this year so we wont celebrate the blackshirt tradition?" Don't get we wrong, I want the blackshirts to play lights out, but i think its more delusion to expect perfection. Blow outs happen. they suck. But i'd say as a fanbase we understand that and that makes us far from delusional. The blackshirts are and always be part of our program. I just don't see why this would matter to a journalist or sports reporter.

I love being on the wrong side of these discussions. It amuses me.

Now, honestly, I know that ESPN does not "hate us". They dont "hate us, they just "love" ratings, and, topics like these where they take a shot at us gets ratings. Listen to me/us.

ESPN as a whole does not. That does not mean that individuals of the network dont. Desmond Howard has some serious issues with Nebraska, and possible just Bo. For what? I really dont know. Herbstreit-at times-seems to be a little butthurt over anything Nebraska. That could very well be earned by the fact that everytime we seem to get him to put one foot on board, we make him look like a total fool. Doug Gottlieb must've been raped by some Nebraka students when he played a bball game in Lincoln, cuz he was always spewing vile when broadcasting a few games here for ESPN.

Define delusional

We are no more delusional that any other fan base in America, IN ANY SPORT.

As I said when I brought this up in a status update yesterday as it was going on, this topic is like biting into each of a basket full of apples and talking about which is jucier. There's no clear-cut favorite because they're all pretty much the god damn same.

Rusillo has something personal against Nebraska. You can hear in his tone, just the same as you do with Herbstreit when he's bitching about us, or now lately Desmond Howard when he harps about Bo, and in the past Doug Gottlieb would have some harsh words when he would be coloring a basketball game in Lincoln.

Yes, ESPN hates us. The evidence is thickening with each passing day. I will not let this go. Ever. Ever. Forever.

Yes, I am a nut. Most of you know this already. I am delusional.

Wanna talk delusional? What about kansas St fans. A lot of them actually believe that a decade's worth of success (void of any National titles and only 2 conference titles by the way) actually justifies them and voids the previous 100 years of total ineptitude and toiletry. That's delusional.

Bottom line is it's jealousy. We're the best god damn fans in the country, it's not even close, and they saw it as a chance to take a shot at us.

^These nutjob comments of mine really did not get the feedback i was hoping for. I'm rather disappointed.