Pretty Good Read

mwj98

This article makes Bo seem like a real jerk.

"That's asinine," he said. "I don't listen to that. People don't have a clue.

I won't say people don't know how to exactly be a coach but in the age of the internet people know a helluva lot more than pre-internet era.

"At the end of the day, we've just got to be more consistent in what we're doing. A lot of times when we got hurt [defensively], it wasn't something the offense did to us; a lot of it was self-imposed, and that's easily fixable."

if they were so easily fixable then why were they never fixed?

then next paragraph he says:

Pelini said there were "common themes" in the poor defensive performances but doesn't want to identify those publicly.

again if they happened every loss and were easily fixable why were they never fixed?

Any more than two losses this year, and Bo could get "Schottenheimer'ed"...

This might be the most favorable schedule Bo's had since he's been HC. I know that none of the lower tier B1G teams are to be overlooked, but those are all very winnable games. This is the year where bo has the chance to either make significant strides or fall even farther away from the prize...

Pelini said there were "common themes" in the poor defensive performances but doesn't want to identify those publicly.

again if they happened every loss and were easily fixable why were they never fixed?

Just my theory but the easy fixes may have had more to do with the players than the coaches. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Then again that brings up the question of why they weren't benched? And maybe that goes back to playing guys who practice well and not gamers that some harp on. Bo's admitted that he screwed up by sitting some of the younger talent and maybe that's where he thinks the fixes are. Just my two cents.

Just my theory but the easy fixes may have had more to do with the players than the coaches. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Then again that brings up the question of why they weren't benched? And maybe that goes back to playing guys who practice well and not gamers that some harp on. Bo's admitted that he screwed up by sitting some of the younger talent and maybe that's where he thinks the fixes are. Just my two cents.

I understand that but you eventually need to find horses that can drink. not sit there and think things are going to get fixed if you keep doing the same thing.

What if you're best athletes haven't "got" the system, and those that aren't as good athletically, have a full grasp of what you're trying to accomplish...

I know thats a complete, "what if" statement, but what if it's not that far off...

a good head coach will adapt to what he has.

I understand that but you eventually need to find horses that can drink. not sit there and think things are going to get fixed if you keep doing the same thing.

Well he seems to have made it clear he isn't going back to the status quo.

now lets see if he walks the walk.

I think we'll have a good idea before the conference schedule starts, whether or not he's blowing smoke...

I think we'll have a good idea before the conference schedule starts, whether or not he's blowing smoke...

I don't know last year didn't really know until the Ohio St for sure. UCLA was a winnable game down to the end even though we gave up a bunch of yards.

I don't know last year didn't really know until the Ohio St for sure. UCLA was a winnable game down to the end even though we gave up a bunch of yards.

So was Ohio St if we take out the pick 6 and punt return TD and additional turnovers even though we gave up a bunch of yards and points.

We'll know. We saw plenty of things (if you were watching subjectively) against Southern Miss (who wound up winless by the way) that suggested there could be some issues.

So was Ohio St if we take out the pick 6 and punt return TD and additional turnovers even though we gave up a bunch of yards and points.

We'll know. We saw plenty of things (if you were watching subjectively) against Southern Miss (who wound up winless by the way) that suggested there could be some issues.

Why is that when people point this out during the season that we all get jumped on and not until we get blown out does everybody start saying we have problems?