had fun watching ann arbor self implode tonight on national tv

I'm not gonna stand in the middle of this. I will only say, would we as Husker fans cheer for texas to win it all 3 years ago?

No but I'd damn sure root for Oklahoma, because I at least respect that rivalry.

The difference between OU and UT? At least from an outsider's perspective. tell me if I'm wrong.

You root for OU because of the rivalry ON THE FIELD.

you hate UT because of the meetings on the field AND the politics off the field.

I'm not gonna stand in the middle of this. I will only say, would we as Husker fans cheer for texas to win it all 3 years ago?

No but I'd damn sure root for Oklahoma, because I at least respect that rivalry.

The Oklahoma/Nebraska rivalry is unlike any rivalry between any two teams, in any sport, at any level, anywhere, for obvious reasons. That makes it difficult for my to use that matchup in this hypothetical situation. I have to use a team like Texas. One that is unanimously hated by the entire fanbase. That would be more equal to the heat of rivalry between Ohio St and Michigan. And no, I would not be pulling for Texas.

Don't Wolverine fans or Buckeye fans have any conference pride?

Absolutely I do.

I have little problem with Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue, Sparty or even PSU winning national titles.

If they get there have at it. I will be waiving the B1G flag

My comment was a tongue-in-cheek reference to this thread. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So much for rooting for the conference.

Conference loyalty is for fans who's teams suck.

Couldn't have said it better myself

I can:

Conference loyalty is for fans whose teams suck.

:-|

English is my second language.....I'm allowed to mess up every once in a while.

Actually I'd say conference loyalty is for those who want their team's conference to look stronger.

All you have to do is get the media to do that. I wanted an all B1G Final four, but once the first loss happened, I just wanted Ohio State to win it all (even though I picked them to lose in the Final Four)