The Fighting Erstads vs the Purple Kitties in Lincoln, NE

lot of unwarranted melting down over a sport with a huge amount of variance in day-to-day outcomes in this thread

Exactly why coach Erstad talks about not getting too low and definitely not too high. Pitching depth wasn't totally cured with Kubat's return, and going 5-0 against teams that don't hit the ball all that well didn't mean the #1 hitting team in the country was going to roll over. Erstad made it clear what the philosophy was going to be tonight on the mound: giving game action to try and help some of these guys, and they don't seem to be responding :dunno

Well, you don't know unless you try, and game experience is still valuable even if it didn't go well. This loss doesn't kill us by any means. Onward

Thing is, some of the younger guys (Howell, Chesnut) did better than the upperclassmen tonight (Niederklein, Pierce, King, even Vogt.) Howell did give up 2 hits and Chesnut 2 walks, but they managed their stress better than the older guys and didn't give up any runs. I think it's time a few of them move on :hmmph

Does anybody out there have any type of confidence in Peirce anymore? I think I'd almost rather have Taylor Martinez at this point. That dude frustrates the panda out of me.

Jesus f'ing christ. Can we get of Taylor's ass already? Sh#t gets old. I come to read some thoughts about the ball game and a T-mart bashing breaks out.

• Fire 4

Does anybody out there have any type of confidence in Peirce anymore? I think I'd almost rather have Taylor Martinez at this point. That dude frustrates the panda out of me.

Jesus f'ing christ. Can we get of Taylor's ass already? Sh#t gets old. I come to read some thoughts about the ball game and a T-mart bashing breaks out.

The bold part

FreakOut.jpg

4 HBP & 8 BB - 12 free passes and 6 SO. NICE!

At some point, you've got to just throw it over the plate and let your defense help you.

Of course, we've been at that point numerous times this season.

Maybe the most frustrating aspect of any season EVER!.

Ugh... I embarrass myself way to often on this board during baseball season... I know I need to stop being the Debbie Downer with a pathetic outlook and still I post.. wth is wrong with me? I do believe the post season is a reward for the players and staff. They work hard all year with hopes of reaching it and I so desperately want to see them achieve it. Still, when I see our seniors (especially those on the mound) play so nonchalant while committing errors, base running errors, swinging at pitches way out of the strike zone.. etc, I wonder if this senior class is deserving of the post season?