Huskerboard Favorite Scotch or Whiskey Thread

Mojito: Oh, right -- you. A bartender's worst nightmare. You had this drink once outside at a Cuba-themed cookout, and it was awesome. And you're right, it was awesome. But IT IS WINTER NOW AND THE MINT LEAVES AREN'T FRESH AND THE BARTENDER HAS TO SIT HERE AND MUDDLE THIS SH*T WHILE EVERYONE AROUND YOU SHOOTS YOU IN THE FACE WITH THEIR EYES. You also own many Jodi Picoult books.

Rum and Coke: You are a college kid. Or maybe you're just a college kid at heart. Either way, you should stop wearing those cargo shorts outside your house.

Mai Tai: You are a party animal. You own three ironic Hawaiian shirts, and one non-ironic Hawaiian shirt that just says “Hawaii”. Okay, so that’s actually a pretty decent shirt. It’s a nice fabric. You only change the radio station when Jimmy Buffett comes on if other people are in your car.

Gin and Tonic: You own eleventy polo shirts and secretly believe they look better with the collar popped. You first met a Jewish person in college, at Williams. You have several pine-scented candles in your apartment, but only use one, and the wick is getting dangerously long.

Ha ha! Some pretty good stuff there. :lol:

Gentleman Jack and Coke; tasty. I went somewhere recently that didn't have the gentleman, so went Crown and Coke instead. I didn't like it as much, but still pretty good. I haven't graduated to anything straight up yet; anything you guys would suggest next time I'm somewhere that doesn't have the gentleman?

• 3 weeks later...

Gentleman Jack and Coke; tasty. I went somewhere recently that didn't have the gentleman, so went Crown and Coke instead. I didn't like it as much, but still pretty good. I haven't graduated to anything straight up yet; anything you guys would suggest next time I'm somewhere that doesn't have the gentleman?

Just eliminate the coke from your drink there and you are done. Gentleman's Jack is amazing!

--The posters about Buffalo Trace are dead on correct. And they make Pappy, which is goddamn glorious.

Currently I have Bulliet Rye, Leopold Small Batch and Woodford Reserve in my cabinet. All of which are incredibly awesome for not a lot of money. By the way, if you don't drink bourbon neat I am not threatened at all by you.

And I'm going off the board here. Buy a bottle of Hendricks gin. Put three ice cubes in a glass and pour a healthy dose for courage. Thank me later.

And I'm going off the board here. Buy a bottle of Hendricks gin. Put three ice cubes in a glass and pour a healthy dose for courage. Thank me later.

clear-alcohols-are-for-rich-women-on-diets.jpg

Normally yes. And always true with vodka. Seriously. f#*k vodka right in the pants.

Buy the gin. Trust me.