Bands that should have been bigger

I'll agree with The Wildhearts and Corrosion of Conformity.

I'll say The Traveling Wilburys should have been much bigger.

These are a little more recent, but I'll add Blitzen Trapper, Truth & Salvage Co. (x1,000), The Favourite Sons, and Blackberry Smoke.

Some solo artists that I really dig that I think should be bigger are Josh Ritter, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and Ryan Bingham.

Since I'll be watching them tear up, Knickerbockers tonight, I'll throw Mushroomhead into the mix. Slipknot blew up too be a mega band, but Mushroomhead was doing it first. They are awesome live and I love them water drums

Damn I had no idea Mushroomhead was in the area. They don't get out of the Ohio area that often. Would have liked to have seen them.

Robbie Robertson..(from The Band)..His debut album had some great songs on it with some all star help ...but mostly seems to devote his time to soundtracks/Native American documentary type stuff.

BoDeans

Wide Spread Panic..Never heard of them before last month but seemed to be the best performance at the New Orleans Jazz Fest on AXS/tv two weekends ago...

Robin Trower

Black Keys ....just bought my 1st album last weekend

+1 on Robin Trower.

Bridge of Sighs

• Fire 1

+1 on Alabama Shakes and Blitzen Trapper

I'd suggest bands that could have been/should be bigger in a gamut of genres: Injected, Finch, Cold War Kids, Menomena, Minus the Bear, P.O.S/Doomtree, Fingertight, Kaiser Chiefs (in the US), Malachai, The Mars Volta, Polica, Pretty Lights, Radical Face, Brother Ali.