A different tone here on HB...

For all the questions I have about Bo and his D scheme, from the highlights above, it is evident to me at least that with talent it is a very good scheme and can flat out ball. 2009 we basically played without an offense and 2010 we played with a broke down crew at QB and every ref in the Big XII. Those 2 years, talent makes the difference, not scheme IMO.

My thoughts on the OP's videos: 1. It is a shame the Bell hit, and the Martinez run are tainted because our defense turned into 12 year old girls for the 2012 B1G Championship game...... 2. Watching any highlights from the Texas A&M game makes me sick. We were screwed, and that game felt like it was the hump that this program needed to get over. It felt like the program was really on the brink at that point....

Same here with the A&M. We had no chance in that game playing the refs. Didn't we get like 12 penalties in that game. That sucked for sure.

My thoughts on the OP's videos: 1. It is a shame the Bell hit, and the Martinez run are tainted because our defense turned into 12 year old girls for the 2012 B1G Championship game...... 2. Watching any highlights from the Texas A&M game makes me sick. We were screwed, and that game felt like it was the hump that this program needed to get over. It felt like the program was really on the brink at that point....

Same here with the A&M. We had no chance in that game playing the refs. Didn't we get like 12 penalties in that game. That sucked for sure.

16, actually. Most of them were our fault though.

16 penalties to 2 if I'm not mistaken. Ours were made up of personal fouls and such and I think A&M's were a false start and offsides or somethin.

Mike Sherman was visibly upset both right after the game and during the press conference. I'm guessing because he knew with 100% certainty that the biggest win for A&M in years of which they had just accomplished was because of the officiating and that deep down he knew the agg's wouldnt've had a chance in hell in a properly officiated game.

16 penalties to 2 if I'm not mistaken. Ours were made up of personal fouls and such and I think A&M's were a false start and offsides or somethin.

Mike Sherman was visibly upset both right after the game and during the press conference. I'm guessing because he knew with 100% certainty that the biggest win for A&M in years of which they had just accomplished was because of the officiating and that deep down he knew the agg's wouldnt've had a chance in hell in a properly officiated game.

Way too many 50/50 calls and calls that were up to officials interpretations were called on us that night. The Osbourne roughing the passer that set up the game winning field goal was the most egregious. Another one, that was brought to my attention the other day while on youtube, was an A&M lineman who was trailing a play hit Amukamara after the runner was down, no penalty called. Exact same situation with us, Henry hitting an A&M defender after Burkhead was clearly down and we got a penalty.

So many problems with that year and officiating, Iowa State had their MLB attempting to rip Burkhead's head off but when Legate pushed him off he gets the penalty. Maybe it was just that specific crew.

And yeah it seems like we've sort of been idling in neutral since that A&M game. Pelini was publicly rebuked for his outbursts, and maybe if we win that game we would be able to pull off the Championship game against Oklahoma. Before that game, we also had played better as a team on the road under Pelini, almost knocking off Texas Tech when they had Harrell and Crabtree and were ranked in the top 10, outside of the Oklahoma game in '08 our average margin of loss away from Lincoln (all games including bowls) was like 3 points. Since that game we've lost to a Washington team we beat by 35 earlier in 2010 by 14, and we haven't even come close in any of our B1G night away games.

But something feels different about this year. Just the feeling around the team to go along with a schedule where we lose the two best Leaders teams. Then there was the fact that the offense looked completely unstoppable against Georgia until we got in our own way/Georgia's athleticism won the 4th quarter. Just so many weapons on an offense that was already best in the Big 10 last year.

I don't care what anyone says, that was the most dominate defensive game by one player I've ever seen. Suh just took that game in his hands...................I have to wonder on that block by Kenny Bell, if that guy crapped his pants after he got hit. Top 5 hardest hit I've ever seen...........

I still have no clue how Bell was supposed to block that guy without getting a penalty.

It was a garbage call. It was right in the middle of the play, not a free shot taken away from the action like in the MSU game. It also wasn't at the head. I'd imagine on replay the ref who called it can't really justify the flag.

We probably averaged 12 penalties a game that year. All calls against us were valid except one. If you want to complain about the lack of holding on A&M, then you have a point. It's not like we made it too hard for the refs to screw us.