Here I am again...

Hey guys, Im a diehard Southern Miss fan and I posted here a little last year prior to our opening game against you guys (had to make another account). I would rather not talk about last season or He Who Must Not Be Named; but if you have any perplexing questions about how I survived the single most embarrassing several months in our school's proud history (in my opinion) then ask away. I'm returning because one I thirst for football knowledge and talk, and second because we play Texas State as our home and season opener so I'm viewing you guys as our opener. It really, really, REALLY sucks how we made such a HORRIBLE hire that we had to buy the guy out and had to sell our home game to y'all to cover the buy out. Would have loved to have you guys down here and I think y'all would have really enjoyed it. Trying to work some things out to get to Lincoln this year. One things for sure, you guys are some the most respectful, friendly, and all around great football fans in the country. Less than 100 days to the start of the best time of the year. Southern Miss football is exciting again! Let the countdown begin!

we know the feeling...

i dont think Bo was even close to that bad of a hire?

I wasn't talking about Bo.

Then who...?

vvvv

frank_solich_bill_callahan.jpg

OH GOD....

Hey guys, Im a diehard Southern Miss fan and I posted here a little last year prior to our opening game against you guys (had to make another account). I would rather not talk about last season or He Who Must Not Be Named; but if you have any perplexing questions about how I survived the single most embarrassing several months in our school's proud history (in my opinion) then ask away. I'm returning because one I thirst for football knowledge and talk, and second because we play Texas State as our home and season opener so I'm viewing you guys as our opener. It really, really, REALLY sucks how we made such a HORRIBLE hire that we had to buy the guy out and had to sell our home game to y'all to cover the buy out. Would have loved to have you guys down here and I think y'all would have really enjoyed it. Trying to work some things out to get to Lincoln this year. One things for sure, you guys are some the most respectful, friendly, and all around great football fans in the country. Less than 100 days to the start of the best time of the year. Southern Miss football is exciting again! Let the countdown begin!

we know the feeling...

Who were you talking about?

I made my guess on post #12.

we know the feeling...

Who were you talking about?

I made my guess on post #12.

I'm sorry. But the entries of Husker Lore into the record books of my mind have been stricken from the record between January 2004 and December 2007. You're gonna have to be more specific than that.

Will you be coming to Lincoln this year?

Trying to make it possible. Would absolutely LOVE to. Love Nebraskans. Love Memorial even more. Trying to work it out.

If you do come up to Lincoln, you need to try some local spots to eat:

- Runza

- Watering Hole (best wings in town)

- Lazlo's

- Misty's

I'm sorry. But the entries of Husker Lore into the record books of my mind have been stricken from the record between January 2004 and December 2007. You're gonna have to be more specific than that.

That's pretty disrespectful of all the young men that gave several years of their life to this program during that period of time.

Trying to make it possible. Would absolutely LOVE to. Love Nebraskans. Love Memorial even more. Trying to work it out.

- Runza

- Lazlo's

- Misty's

Been told by a lot of my buddy's that Misty's is legendary but is insane on game days. That would be something if I could get up to Lincoln and drop by Misty's!

Just saw that former Cal QB Allan Bridgford will transfer to Southern Miss and that he would be eligible immediately. iHow are your QBs supposed to be this year?

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/05/report_former_cal_quarterback.html

I'm glad Monken is bringing Bridgford on because honestly we don't have any experience at QB. Don't get me wrong. We are very deep talent wise at the QB position but our quarterbacks got zero development last year. EJ was only interested in playing Alford because AA was the only guy worthy of Johnson's coaching. Bridgford was a 4 star out of high school and has had 4 years of experience under a system that is pretty similar to what Monk is bringing down here. His stats are no where near impressive. However, the interesting thing is our OC was the passing game coordinator for Cal when Bridgford was there. He's the only QB with any significant experience in leading a team at the D1 level. Not saying he will be given the job. In fact, I think he'll make our other QBs better to where they WILL be able to lead us. Ricky Lloyd is the guy who I believe is our most talented and most capable quarterback. He is the record holder for career passing yards all-time in California HS football. His problem is making the right reads/knowing when to check in and out of plays and formations. Like I said, I believe having Bridgford will help our QBs in the long run. Monk is known for his ability to develop quarterbacks so we have reason to feel okay about the most important position for this fall. The question mark is the OL this year...

That's pretty disrespectful of all the young men that gave several years of their life to this program during that period of time.

There was also several young men that gave up on the program resulting in disasterous 2004 and 2007 seasons. It is what it is I guess.

Been told by a lot of my buddy's that Misty's is legendary but is insane on game days. That would be something if I could get up to Lincoln and drop by Misty's!

You have to go the Misty's in Havelock, on the east side of town. Don't go downtown. That Misty's is nothing special, and in fact I've had bad meals or service there the last three times I've gone.

I would like to hear from a Southern Miss fan what exactly happened last year. How did the team collapse to that extent? You guys played us tough last year and then fell off the map. It was bizarre.

Wow. Where to start? First of all, I didn't think we played you tough at all besides the majority of the first half. Eloss took out our starting quarterback and put in the golden ponyboy Anthony Alford. EJ wasn't interested in winning. He was interested in riding off into the sunset of retirement after a few winning seasons at lil ol' Suthun Miss... After the Nebraska game, he was quoted saying, "We weren't going to win that game. So I used a sort of a practice." What. The actual. F***. We had the talent to win the conference and beat one or two of Nebraska, Boise State, or Louisville. Unfortunately, this would have required great coaching. All we had last year was a pile of crap who were getting paid to ruin our program. Johnson was also caught talking about how our players weren't at the SEC "pad level" that he was used to. That the slow, unathletic, uncoordinated, and completely untalented players from lil ol' Suthun' Miss didn't deserve to have such an esteemed coach from the holy of all holy conferences, the $EC. Johnson NEVER respected his players. He would always refer to them by their last names in press conferences as if they were just his little wooden puppets that would do all the work for him and carry him into retirement. He never, not once, had a connection with his players. From banning the play of music on the practice field, locker room, and weight room to hiring a Strength and Conditioning coach that had been out of the game for over 20 years.(This guy was half the problem. Didn't believe in stretching but was a firm believer in playing SOCCER every day before practice.) From hiring a defensive coordinator who had failed just about everywhere he had been to hiring one of his old drinking buddies (who had a very serious alcohol problem which led to our quarterbacks coach to coach the entire offense. Disaster.). Like I said, he hired a bunch of his old friends to ride off into the sunset with him into retirement, because "Everybody can win at Southern Miss. It's just a fact." (Yes, he actually said that.) He never respected his players, therefore his players never respected him. Simple as that. It was bad enough to where the players had to call a meeting with our AD about their troubles, with no coaches allowed. About as ignorant and snide as it gets. And if you know anything about the South, you know that people around here don't appreciate that. I could literally write a book on this. Made me so mad to see my University taken advantage of in such a way. Auburn better hope they have enough talent to outplay EJ's coaching because if they don't it will get bad. I hope that answered your question.

Sure, all that may be true. But South'n Miss had a brutal schedule last year. Especially your early sched. I seriously doubt Fedora could have won over half your first seven games. That said, it looks like the Golden Eagles had pretty much turned into Golden Showers by October. Losing to Rice by four scores? Ouch, man. Ouch. :facepalm:

Good luck with your season! Well, except for your second game of course. :lol:

I would like to hear from a Southern Miss fan what exactly happened last year. How did the team collapse to that extent? You guys played us tough last year and then fell off the map. It was bizarre.

Wow. Where to start? First of all, I didn't think we played you tough at all besides the majority of the first half. Eloss took out our starting quarterback and put in the golden ponyboy Anthony Alford. EJ wasn't interested in winning. He was interested in riding off into the sunset of retirement after a few winning seasons at lil ol' Suthun Miss... After the Nebraska game, he was quoted saying, "We weren't going to win that game. So I used a sort of a practice." What. The actual. F***. We had the talent to win the conference and beat one or two of Nebraska, Boise State, or Louisville. Unfortunately, this would have required great coaching. All we had last year was a pile of crap who were getting paid to ruin our program. Johnson was also caught talking about how our players weren't at the SEC "pad level" that he was used to. That the slow, unathletic, uncoordinated, and completely untalented players from lil ol' Suthun' Miss didn't deserve to have such an esteemed coach from the holy of all holy conferences, the $EC. Johnson NEVER respected his players. He would always refer to them by their last names in press conferences as if they were just his little wooden puppets that would do all the work for him and carry him into retirement. He never, not once, had a connection with his players. From banning the play of music on the practice field, locker room, and weight room to hiring a Strength and Conditioning coach that had been out of the game for over 20 years.(This guy was half the problem. Didn't believe in stretching but was a firm believer in playing SOCCER every day before practice.) From hiring a defensive coordinator who had failed just about everywhere he had been to hiring one of his old drinking buddies (who had a very serious alcohol problem which led to our quarterbacks coach to coach the entire offense. Disaster.). Like I said, he hired a bunch of his old friends to ride off into the sunset with him into retirement, because "Everybody can win at Southern Miss. It's just a fact." (Yes, he actually said that.) He never respected his players, therefore his players never respected him. Simple as that. It was bad enough to where the players had to call a meeting with our AD about their troubles, with no coaches allowed. About as ignorant and snide as it gets. And if you know anything about the South, you know that people around here don't appreciate that. I could literally write a book on this. Made me so mad to see my University taken advantage of in such a way. Auburn better hope they have enough talent to outplay EJ's coaching because if they don't it will get bad. I hope that answered your question.

Sure, all that may be true. But South'n Miss had a brutal schedule last year. Especially your early sched. I seriously doubt Fedora could have won over half your first seven games. That said, it looks like the Golden Eagles had pretty much turned into Golden Showers by October. Losing to Rice by four scores? Ouch, man. Ouch. :facepalm:

Good luck with your season! Well, except for your second game of course. :lol:

Fair assessment. Our early season schedule WAS brutal. But we didn't even compete. We had as much talent if not more than in 2011 when we went 12-2 and finished top 20. Fedora would have 8 or 9 games and would have competed for a conference championship with the players we had. We had the players to win ALL those games. That would have required fantastic coaching however. And we didn't exactly have that.

- Runza

- Lazlo's

- Misty's

Misty's was expensive as shiz, no offense but as a college student with a fellow college student girlfriend living in Omaha, that place was well out of our price range. We tried going there after the Arky State game and had to leave after water. But maybe it's more feasible if you come prepared lol. We settled for Applebee's that day lmao.