Unbelievably found a way to lose that game. I think we were the better team. Can't misplay that triple to right. Essentially cost us the game in regulation.

That is my thought too. Potentially did cost us the game. If it was played on the bounce, and held to a single, it could have been a different outcome. But I know that in the heat/passion of a game like that, sometimes you want to make that play so badly and it overcomes the fundamentals. It happens, and she made a great attempt at it. I'm sure she thought about it differently after the play was over, knowing that she should have played it differently.

Unbelievably found a way to lose that game. I think we were the better team. Can't misplay that triple to right. Essentially cost us the game in regulation.

That is my thought too. Potentially did cost us the game. If it was played on the bounce, and held to a single, it could have been a different outcome. But I know that in the heat/passion of a game like that, sometimes you want to make that play so badly and it overcomes the fundamentals. It happens, and she made a great attempt at it. I'm sure she thought about it differently after the play was over, knowing that she should have played it differently.

Having played a lot of outfield in my day, the hardest ball to play is a line drive hit right at the outfielder. Rule of thumb there is "keep it in front." Also something about being able to catch it above your knees or play the hop. Especially with one out, a one run lead and a team that had one hit prior. And a defense that seems to get a double play when needed.

When the game is on the line these girls sure know how to screw it up

Whaaaa.....????

They're in the WCWS. They're hardly screw-ups.

Twice in three games now, though (the catcher threw away a quick throw to first that allowed the tying run to advance all the way to third, eventually losing in extra innings in game 2 to Oregon). If this were football or something, people would be bitching hard about late-game fundamentals disappearing no matter what eyeswear2allthatsholy

• Fire 1

Having played a lot of outfield in my day, the hardest ball to play is a line drive hit right at the outfielder. Rule of thumb there is "keep it in front." Also something about being able to catch it above your knees or play the hop. Especially with one out, a one run lead and a team that had one hit prior. And a defense that seems to get a double play when needed.

I agree with you. Fundamentally it was the wrong play. I was just saying that I know that the emotion/passion/heat of the game can overcome the fundamentally correct thing to do. I'm sure she is probably the person that feels the worst about the loss. I'm also pretty sure that, after the play was over, she knew that she should have played it differently.

I hope my players watched this game bc that is exactly what we were working on last week in practice. We worked on playing fast sinking line drives off the bounce and being smart about what balls that are catchable and not. I told them its worse to try and catch it and the ball ends up getting by you then to play it safe and hold the runner to a single. This was the perfect example.

Although, they are only 11, so even if they do hold the runner to a single, they will most likely steal second and possibly third anyways :lol:

When the game is on the line these girls sure know how to screw it up

Whaaaa.....????

They're in the WCWS. They're hardly screw-ups.

Twice in three games now, though (the catcher threw away a quick throw to first that allowed the tying run to advance all the way to third, eventually losing in extra innings in game 2 to Oregon). If this were football or something, people would be bitching hard about late-game fundamentals disappearing no matter what eyeswear2allthatsholy

This......BTW Washington was 1-14 throughout the whole season when trailing 6 innings before their win over us yesterday.