When was the last off season that was this lackluster among fans

I don't know what our current recruiting strategies are, but purely based on numbers, it seems we need a little extra help. I'm truthfully unaware of how we compare to a place like Alabama in terms of number of people devoted to recruiting.

That said, I don't expect us to compete with Michigan, Ohio State or even Penn State. They've out-recruited us for years and likely always will because we're not in the same position as them.

I still have full faith in Pelini that he is a good defensive coach, but I certainly think he's severely lacked talent the last few years and doesn't have the capacity/staff (yet) to make up for talent deficiencies.

It's lackluster because there is always a hiccup along the way and then it turns into 4 losses when it should have been 1. then we knock ourselves out of even a possibility of a bcs game and then have to hope we win the conference and then comes the bowl game and we don't end on a good note. We lost our last 3 bowl games which doesn't make it any better.

Penn State, who really has nothing to offer is beating us in recruiting.

steve-harvey-surprised-o.gif

i don't follow recruiting TOO closely.... but thanks for ruining my day. how is that acceptable or even scientifically possible. we fail.

If people would pay attention, you'd find that there has only been one year which was a rare one that we had more than three commits before the summer. Our head coach told us after signing day that we will never fill up our spots before December ever.

We signed one hell of a class last year and the year before. We have just as many staff members dedicated to recruiting as every other staff. We beat out OU head to head on a number of different prospects last year. You will find that we will always pull three or four kids late that end up being pretty good ball players.

For me, I guess I don't really get all that excited until my buddies and myself are making plans for the games. Once that happens it all starts to get exciting for me, I was lucky enough to be in UNL during the "run" so now, it is all gravy. It is about having fun and heading back to Lincoln to drink and catch up.

• Fire 3

For me, I guess I don't really get all that excited until my buddies and myself are making plans for the games. Once that happens it all starts to get exciting for me, I was lucky enough to be in UNL during the "run" so now, it is all gravy. It is about having fun and heading back to Lincoln to drink and catch up.

could not agree more...I live in California so i dont get back much but its as much about the experience of catching up as it is the game itself

Penn State, who really has nothing to offer is beating us in recruiting.

steve-harvey-surprised-o.gif

i don't follow recruiting TOO closely.... but thanks for ruining my day. how is that acceptable or even scientifically possible. we fail.

May have a little thing to do with Pennsylvania craps out recruits left and right every year.

Some nice wins, an ugly loss to a team we shouldn't lose to, and a blowout or two on the road. That's the history from 2008 to now. I see no reason to expect a change.

2009 and 2010 had blowout losses on the road? I missed those. Wait, no I didn't, they didn't exist. So 2 years without, 3 years with (one being his first year). Hardly the history from 2008 to now.

You're right the Tech blowout loss in 09 was at home and the Washington loss in 2010 was neutral (and yes, I consider that a blowout, because we were never in it). But that's the ONE part of my statement that you can parse out. The rest? All completely true.

It doesn't really matter what we think. It only matters what the players think do.

Fixed it for you.

I think many fans are understanding of this upcoming season's dynamics. There's no way to win every game on our schedule with the defense we have set up for 2013.

Haha well obviously it's up to what the players do on the field, but their state of mind is also very important.

Recruiting is fine. Trust me.

It's ok everyone. EZ-E says it's fine. Don't question him, he knows everything.

I just happen to pay attention and get tired of repeating myself. Especially when there are really only a handfull of people that know the recruiting process on this board better than I.

• Fire 3

I just happen to pay attention and get tired of repeating myself. Especially when there are really only a handfull of people that know the recruiting process on this board better than I.

:rolleyes:

• Fire 1

:rolleyes:

Listening to EZ might be a good idea. Not to stick up for the guy, but there tends to be a certainty that what he says usually happens. I paid pretty close attention to the recruiting forum prior to last signing day for a couple months. EZ tended to be in the know before anyone on numerious prospects and situations. Obviously, in my eyes anyways, EZ has a very dependable insight/source.